+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Family application biometrics letter for 1 person not received

jarvish

Nov 26, 2023
Hello everyone, we applied with my family on August 17th and my family gave biometrics on August 31st. But my biometrics are still not returned even though we have e-mailed many times. Our visa consultant said that it is normal that sometimes they do not ask for biometrics for children because it is a family application, but I am 22 years old, I know that this is for those 14 years old and under. Although my biometrics have not been received, we are waiting in the hope that my application will be finalized at the same time as my family. Because there is no one to deal with other than the counselor, although we have repeatedly sent an e-mail to the consulate that the biometrics have not arrived, they have not responded. What are your thoughts on this issue?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello everyone, we applied with my family on August 17th and my family gave biometrics on August 31st. But my biometrics are still not returned even though we have e-mailed many times. Our visa consultant said that it is normal that sometimes they do not ask for biometrics for children because it is a family application, but I am 22 years old, I know that this is for those 14 years old and under. Although my biometrics have not been received, we are waiting in the hope that my application will be finalized at the same time as my family. Because there is no one to deal with other than the counselor, although we have repeatedly sent an e-mail to the consulate that the biometrics have not arrived, they have not responded. What are your thoughts on this issue?
If you are 22 then you are not a dependant so would have needed to apply separately from your family with your own account and application. That may be why you have not received biometric request. Once you reapply with your own funds, travel history, ties then you will get biometrics request.

jarvish

Nov 26, 2023
If you are 22 then you are not a dependant so would have needed to apply separately from your family with your own account and application. That may be why you have not received biometric request. Once you reapply with your own funds, travel history, ties then you will get biometrics request.
So when my family's visa is finalized, will my visa result be announced?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
So when my family's visa is finalized, will my visa result be announced?
Maybe. If you haven’t done biometrics your file will not move forward. If family is approved then reapply as you are over 22 and not a dependant. Or reapply now with your own application/account. Consulate cannot do anything.

jarvish

Nov 26, 2023
Maybe. If you haven’t done biometrics your file will not move forward. If family is approved then reapply as you are over 22 and not a dependant. Or reapply now with your own application/account. Consulate cannot do anything.
My advisor and I have sent several emails to the consulate about the lack of biometrics. In one of them, the consulate said that sometimes we don't need biometrics of children in family applications, but as I said, I am 22 years old. It was very disappointing that I will apply again now, they never got back to me for the biometrics letter.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
My advisor and I have sent several emails to the consulate about the lack of biometrics. In one of them, the consulate said that sometimes we don't need biometrics of children in family applications, but as I said, I am 22 years old. It was very disappointing that I will apply again now, they never got back to me for the biometrics letter.
As I said, you are not a dependant so should not have applied with your family. The consulate is correct that some children in family applications don’t require biometrics but you should not have applied as part of a family application. Consulate cannot do anything. It is disappointing but your consultant if licensed should know the rules, and should have told you from the beginning to apply separately. This is on your consultant.

jarvish

Nov 26, 2023
As I said, you are not a dependant so should not have applied with your family. The consulate is correct that some children in family applications don’t require biometrics but you should not have applied as part of a family application. Consulate cannot do anything. It is disappointing but your consultant if licensed should know the rules, and should have told you from the beginning to apply separately. This is on your consultant.
As of today, my mum and dad's visa has been approved. But the biometrics letter for me has just arrived. Since 31 August we have been waiting, only my mum and dad's visa has been finalised and my biometrics letter has just arrived. My counsellor says that my application will be concluded in a shorter time because your mum and dad's visa has been approved. What do you think about this issue?