+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

family and friends IMM5532e

hannah8890

Sep 3, 2017
Hello,

I am applying to sponsor my husband and I need some help. Q7 partC in the IMM5532e form asks whether family and friends know about our relationship. I answered yes, then it asks to write down the names of family memebers and friends who know about our relationship.
Almost all of our families members attended our wedding. So do I have to include parents and siblings in the list? Also we come from huge families do I have to inlcude everyone in the list? and about how many people should I mention?

They also ask about arranged marriages, but I don't know how to classify our marriage. We did meet through our parents, but after that it was up to us to get to know, each other and decide whether we wanted to get married or not, and we were the ones who arranged for everything including the wedding, etc. My question is our marraige considered arranged or not?

Thank you

np08

Jan 13, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, OT
App. Filed.......
Feb 09, 2018
AOR Received.
Mar 07, 2018
Med's Request
Aug 8, 2018
Med's Done....
Aug 13, 2018
LANDED..........
Dec 18, 2018
I believe there's only room for five people in that section of the form so just pick whichever five you'd like (we did three close family members and two best friends). They will see from your other answers (like the ones regarding the wedding and who attended it) and your photos that many others know of your relationship and participated in the important ceremonies.

Arranged marriages are marriages that happen in certain cultures where two families decide to marry their children without much input from said children. Most people think of the Middle East or the Indian subcontinent when talking about these (though they happen elsewhere as well). The opposite of an arranged marriage is a love marriage, which is the default kind of marriage in the west where arranged marriages don't really happen.

desertFlower

Apr 13, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-04-2016
AOR Received.
25-05-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
09-08-2016
Passport Req..
09-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
17-08-2016
LANDED..........
21-08-2016
Hi Hannah8890,

Include only significant family members and close friends, those with whom you have spent a lot of time.
I would not consider your marriage as "arranged". I'm sure there's a section where you can explain the situation.