+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Falsely Claimed Valid Job Offer

GaganDesi

Star Member
Jul 31, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have enough CRS points without extra LMIA points while getting invited. But I claimed I had valid job offer while submitting my application. Does this matter?

canadacanada17

Star Member
Mar 24, 2017
I did the same thing, because I am already working in Canada, I assumed it was a Job offer and therefore put down I had a 'job offer'.

After looking on this forum and conducting some of my own research , if you did not receive points for 'arranged employment' on your ITA letter... then you are fine, because they did not account for this. Meaning they did not give you CRS points for your job offer, so without this you already met the points requirement for this draw.

I will and recommend that you write a LOE and just explain that you put down you had a job offer (mistake) this isn't the case and that you still meet this draws threshold without LMIA points.

What was your reason for putting you had a job offer?

Itsmee

Sep 28, 2015
Write a proper LOE how u made a mistake..... I will let some other member shed some light regarding the risk of misrepresentation

Itsmee

Sep 28, 2015
GaganDesi said:
I have enough CRS points without extra LMIA points while getting invited. But I claimed I had valid job offer while submitting my application. Does this matter?

What's your crs?

Itsmee

Sep 28, 2015
GaganDesi said:

Did u write LMIA number?? How did come up a number falsely??

canadacanada17

Star Member
Mar 24, 2017
Itsmee said:
Did u write LMIA number?? How did come up a number falsely??
You don't have to put LMIA number if you don't have one...

In my case, I thought because I am working already and will continue to work, it counted as a Job Offer. It then goes on to ask you questions about this job...LMIA number, work permit details (Open or closed) etc. I was truthful in each answer and did not receive points for 'arranged employment' in my ITA, which would be the 'job offer.' Therefore, if the case is anything like mine, I agree write a LOE with extensive reasons as to why you got it wrong or accidentally 'misrepresented' yourself.

Scary thought that our future is in the hands of an Immigration officer whom doesn't know much about us! :eek:

Itsmee

Sep 28, 2015
canadacanada17 said:
You don't have to put LMIA number if you don't have one...

In my case, I thought because I am working already and will continue to work, it counted as a Job Offer. It then goes on to ask you questions about this job...LMIA number, work permit details (Open or closed) etc. I was truthful in each answer and did not receive points for 'arranged employment' in my ITA, which would be the 'job offer.' Therefore, if the case is anything like mine, I agree write a LOE with extensive reasons as to why you got it wrong or accidentally 'misrepresented' yourself.

Scary thought that our future is in the hands of an Immigration officer whom doesn't know much about us! :eek:

Thanks for clarifying
Good luck!!!

sbg30

Mar 13, 2017
Canadacanada17 I have done the same thing and said I have a valid job offer because I have a 2year contract if this not considered a valid job offer, I am already here and working. If this is not true, what did you write in your LOE?

This is so stressful, I would hate to think that I was misrepresenting myself but I honestly thought this to be true.

canadacanada17

Star Member
Mar 24, 2017
Itsmee said:
Thanks for clarifying
Good luck!!!
No problem! I've been on here all weekend trying to find answers... but if you look at your ITA letter, it pretty much tells you in the table what you received points for. One can only assume that if you did not receive points for arranged employment (Job offer) they are not taking it into consideration. JUST MAKE SURE YOU WRITE THAT LOE!

Good luck to you to! :)

canadacanada17

Star Member
Mar 24, 2017
sbg30 said:
Canadacanada17 I have done the same thing and said I have a valid job offer because I have a 2year contract if this not considered a valid job offer, I am already here and working. If this is not true, what did you write in your LOE?

This is so stressful, I would hate to think that I was misrepresenting myself but I honestly thought this to be true.
I suspect many of us have! - If you are already working and will continue after this process, surely thats a job offer right?!
Check your ITA and see if you received points for this 'job offer'... if not write your LOE and explain exactly what you just said above.
I haven't written mine yet, but I plan to just say why I thought it was a valid job offer because I am currently working within Canada and will continue to work (I will also upload offer letter) after this process, also that this was an accident on my part and it does not affect my CRS scoring... I am still above the threshold for this cycle.

Basically, everything you can think of.... INCLUDE!

sbg30

Mar 13, 2017
I didnt get any points for arranged employment, is that the section that would offer points if I had them?

chente

Mar 1, 2017
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
GaganDesi said:
Why you did that?

GaganDesi

Star Member
Jul 31, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canadacanada17 said:
I did the same thing, because I am already working in Canada, I assumed it was a Job offer and therefore put down I had a 'job offer'.

After looking on this forum and conducting some of my own research , if you did not receive points for 'arranged employment' on your ITA letter... then you are fine, because they did not account for this. Meaning they did not give you CRS points for your job offer, so without this you already met the points requirement for this draw.

I will and recommend that you write a LOE and just explain that you put down you had a job offer (mistake) this isn't the case and that you still meet this draws threshold without LMIA points.

What was your reason for putting you had a job offer?
I got a new job right after I got invited, so I thought "valid job offer" means the offer I am holding. BTW, did your application got approved?

canadacanada17

Star Member
Mar 24, 2017
GaganDesi said:
I got a new job right after I got invited, so I thought "valid job offer" means the offer I am holding. BTW, did your application got approved?
I have not got that far yet.. keep you updated :)

GaganDesi

Star Member
Jul 31, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sbg30 said:

What's your status now?