+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Fall 2018 - Has anyone got student visa after the age of 35 and a long study gap?

nashmia

Nov 21, 2009
Hello

I have all of a sudden decided to get back to studies and a career which I sacrificed after marriage and raising kids that means a gap of 13 years,my last degree was a masters,I have applied in 3 unis so far - TRU VIU and UoR - I am hopeful about admissions the universities have been really helpful,positive and havent raised any kind of qualms about age or admissions or study gap.My academic IELTS result is 7.5 with an 8 is Speaking.

Someone recently told me CanadianStudent visa after the age of 35 is difficult there more rejected than accepted :/ :(and that has literally been stuck in my head.IS this true?I hope all effort wont be in vain :(

N

nashmia

Nov 21, 2009
Thank you for replying.

I worked from 2003 to 2008 officially - after that I took a voluntary 9 year break to raise my 2 babies in Saudi where my husband had shifted they are 10 and 8 now I went back to working again I have been HR manager at an advertising firm for a year now and my boss is encouraging me to take up another Masters to enhance my career prospects.

I have a strong SOP a very valid reason to have the gap - a 7.5 in overall Ielts with an 8 in Speaking,a First Class in my previous Masters.

Please tell me there is hope :(

TanuP

Aug 12, 2016
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
23-04-2018
AOR Received.
07-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-02-2019
I graduated 17 years ago and took a maternity sabbatical at the peak of my career for 3 years. I'm back in school now :)
I have a 60yo friend and a 45yo - both in the same school, different programs. Age is just a number

Reactions: nashmia

nashmia

Nov 21, 2009
I graduated 17 years ago and took a maternity sabbatical at the peak of my career for 3 years. I'm back in school now :)
I have a 60yo friend and a 45yo - both in the same school, different programs. Age is just a number

Thank you for the hope, hope i get admitted m visa issued.

nashmia

Nov 21, 2009

Can you tell me about your application of visa and university?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Would suggest you pick U of R based on the 3 schools you applied to. Your choice of degree and reason you want to study needs to make sense to get a visa. Same thing for a younger student.

Reactions: nashmia

nashmia

Nov 21, 2009
Would suggest you pick U of R based on the 3 schools you applied to. Your choice of degree and reason you want to study needs to make sense to get a visa. Same thing for a younger student.

Lets hope they pick me :'( i have alreadt applied and i have heard they dont accepf all.

Kay2018

Jan 11, 2018
Newfoundland and Labrador
Category........
WP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
09-03-2021
Thank you for replying.

I worked from 2003 to 2008 officially - after that I took a voluntary 9 year break to raise my 2 babies in Saudi where my husband had shifted they are 10 and 8 now I went back to working again I have been HR manager at an advertising firm for a year now and my boss is encouraging me to take up another Masters to enhance my career prospects.

I have a strong SOP a very valid reason to have the gap - a 7.5 in overall Ielts with an 8 in Speaking,a First Class in my previous Masters.

Please tell me there is hope :(
Were you working in Saudi?

TanuP

Aug 12, 2016
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
23-04-2018
AOR Received.
07-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-02-2019
My field is the same one that i have a bachelors in and what my profession is. No mismatch, and so it was easy for me to demonstrate why i want to upgrade my skills and knowledge because it all relates. I wrote a strong SoP stating all these facts and noted that i need to stay relevant in my profession and that going back to school helps me do that.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
If you haven't applied yet I would suggest looking at other schools. TRU and VIU seem to really recruit international students but aren't really well known by employers.

nashmia

Nov 21, 2009
My field is the same one that i have a bachelors in and what my profession is. No mismatch, and so it was easy for me to demonstrate why i want to upgrade my skills and knowledge because it all relates. I wrote a strong SoP stating all these facts and noted that i need to stay relevant in my profession and that going back to school helps me do that.

I have the exact same thing - Same field same job if i get an upgrade i get better career prospects.
But my SOP is very long that shdnt be a problem guess its necessary due to twists n turns in my life.