+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Fake looking bank letter and statement, please advice

neubee

Sep 9, 2019

Hi All,

So I am about to submit my EE application and for Proof of funds, I requested a bank letter and a statement from the bank manager at my bank in India (State Bank of India). I was utterly shocked when I saw the documents they gave me.

I am attaching a sample of how they look. When I asked them for proper documents, they said that this is what they give everyone and they can't make an exception. The logo on their letterhead is the B/W version of their actual logo and not even aligned properly. Bank statement has text missing on the side and is not even on their letterhead.

I am really worried that the visa officer would not accept these documents and probably assume they are fake. Can someone tell me if this is normal? What are my options here? Please help

dr.josemrod

Sep 3, 2019
Santiago, Dominican Republic
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Mexico
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
31-08-2019
AOR Received.
05-09-2019
Med's Done....
18-09-2019
LANDED..........
08-05-2020

Hi All,

So I am about to submit my EE application and for Proof of funds, I requested a bank letter and a statement from the bank manager at my bank in India (State Bank of India). I was utterly shocked when I saw the documents they gave me.

I am attaching a sample of how they look. When I asked them for proper documents, they said that this is what they give everyone and they can't make an exception. The logo on their letterhead is the B/W version of their actual logo and not even aligned properly. Bank statement has text missing on the side and is not even on their letterhead.

I am really worried that the visa officer would not accept these documents and probably assume they are fake. Can someone tell me if this is normal? What are my options here? Please help

Nothing attached here.

navinball

VIP Member
Feb 26, 2018
your first mistake is to bank with state bank of india. they are utterly incompetent and unprofessional. their online banking is no existent, they are known to go for tea breaks while customers are standing in line.
as long as the letter confirms to the cic requirements it doesnt matter if the logo is on color or b/w. attach bank statements as well

Reactions: nns14

aamool

Nov 13, 2018
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
07-02-2019
Med's Done....
22-03-2019
VISA ISSUED...
23-09-2019
LANDED..........
02-10-2019

Hi All,

I can't really comment on whether it's normal - but nothing will shock me from SBI (I was really glad to sever all ties with them over 10 years ago :) )

I hope you have a nice seal and signature (in colour)? I'm sure the IRCC has seen stuff like this before and even worse - I don't think they would jump to the conclusion that the documents are fake (and using reverse psychology, maybe they would imagine no one would do such a bad job with a fake!)

In terms of your options, unless you have another bank account handy, I really don't see you have any options. Unless you think you can get the bank to reissue better documents. Possibly if you have a bank book you could submit copies of that as well to give them some comfort? At least the numbers should tally and it's additional documentation that (hopefully) looks better....

nns14

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Nairobi, Kenya
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-09-2019
AOR Received.
26-09-2019
File Transfer...
24-10-2019
Passport Req..
18-Jul-2022
VISA ISSUED...
05-Aug-2022
LANDED..........
11-Jan-2023
your first mistake is to bank with state bank of india. they are utterly incompetent and unprofessional. their online banking is no existent, they are known to go for tea breaks while customers are standing in line.
as long as the letter confirms to the cic requirements it doesnt matter if the logo is on color or b/w. attach bank statements as well
Lool. Tea breaks

nns14

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Nairobi, Kenya
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-09-2019
AOR Received.
26-09-2019
File Transfer...
24-10-2019
Passport Req..
18-Jul-2022
VISA ISSUED...
05-Aug-2022
LANDED..........
11-Jan-2023

Hi All,

I cannot see the images. But you can just transfer your money to a reputable bank and get their documents plus stamped statement of account from this bank. Add LOE explaining you moved your money from that bank as you are not happy with their customer service.

ibbidude1

Star Member
Jan 22, 2016

Hi All,

usually embassies have access to the bank accounts in pakistan im not sure about your country. i was reading a thread where IRCC asked for the bank statement again from the applicant so take it easy and chill.