+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Fairness Letter Of Medica Inadmissibility

whatever_281

May 8, 2015
Hello everyone, we have done the medicals and also the further test for my husband who was found to have HBsAg positive.
After they upload the medical report to CIC, I have seen the report by myself that doctor diagnosis my husband as “HBV carrier” and he wrote that:
“ Diagnosis: HBV carrier
Treatment and suggestions: Currently there’s no basis for the patient to have anti-virus treatment,Every 6 months he should follow up the liver function ,HBV-DNA, HbsAg, HbeAg, etc. if HBV-DNA>10000IU/ml with elevated ALT level, anti-virus treatment is recommended.
Prognosis: It is not infectious in daily life, The 5-year cumulative incidence for chronic hepatitis B (without treatment) developing into hepatic cirrhosis is about 10%, the 5-year case fatality rate <2%

But last week, we received a fairness letter that VO diagnose my husband as chronic hepatitis B as following:

I have determined that you are a person whose health condition might reasonably be expected to cause excessive demand on health or social services in Canada. An excessive demand is a demand for which the anticipated costs exceed the average Canadian per capita health and social services costs, which is currently set at $6387.00 per year. Pursuant to subsection 38(1) and section 42 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act, it therefore appears that you may be inadmissible on health grounds.
You have the following medical condition or diagnosis:

Diagnosis: CHRONIC HEPATITIS B (070.3)
Narrative:
Applicant has a diagnosis of CHRONIC HEPATITIS B. His diagnosis was confirmed based on all information gathered. Hepatitis B is an infectious disease affecting the liver caused by the Hepatitis B virus (HBV), which can often be asymptomatic and go unnoticed, but which will eventually usually cause chronic liver disease and if left untreated, can progress to portal hypertension, liver fibrosis and cirrhosis, hepatocellular carcinoma and even liver failure requiring liver transplant. HBV infection can be treated and the aim of the treatment is to impede progression of the patient's liver disease by obtaining a sustained viral eradication or suppression of viral replication

Applicant's hepatitis B profile showed the HBe Ag marker to be reactive. Hepatitis B DNA viral load was 45,000,000 IU/ml. The liver enzyme ALT was 30 IU/L. Mr. XX is HBeAg positive with an elevated viral load, which indicate the presence of active Hepatitis B virus replication and high infectivity. Patients who are HBeAg positive usually require prolonged treatment with antivirals to decrease the viral load and maintain it at a level that decreases the risk of progression. Often patients who are HBeAg positive experience suboptimal response or a relapse of the chronic hepatitis B on one antiviral and must be switched to either another more expensive antiviral or a combination of antivirals long term. In the Canadian context this applicant would likely be offered long-term treatment with anti-viral medications (e.g. Adefovir, pegylated interferon) to maintain a surpressed HBV viral load. This is required in order to prevent progression to liver failure and the development of liver cancer. The treatment for chronic active hepatitis B is expensive and publicly funded.

Can someone please suggest how to go about responding to this letter or someone should please share a similar experience. Your comments and suggestions are welcome please.

Thanks

jeanp

Apr 2, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-12-2014
Nomination.....
25-03-2015
AOR Received.
26-05-2015
whatever_281 said:
Can anyone help?
You may wish to join the group here: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/received-fairness-letterseeking-guidance-for-reply-t193571.60.html

azharultanim

Nov 20, 2019
Hello everyone, we have done the medicals and also the further test for my husband who was found to have HBsAg positive.
After they upload the medical report to CIC, I have seen the report by myself that doctor diagnosis my husband as “HBV carrier” and he wrote that:
“ Diagnosis: HBV carrier
Treatment and suggestions: Currently there’s no basis for the patient to have anti-virus treatment,Every 6 months he should follow up the liver function ,HBV-DNA, HbsAg, HbeAg, etc. if HBV-DNA>10000IU/ml with elevated ALT level, anti-virus treatment is recommended.
Prognosis: It is not infectious in daily life, The 5-year cumulative incidence for chronic hepatitis B (without treatment) developing into hepatic cirrhosis is about 10%, the 5-year case fatality rate <2%

But last week, we received a fairness letter that VO diagnose my husband as chronic hepatitis B as following:

I have determined that you are a person whose health condition might reasonably be expected to cause excessive demand on health or social services in Canada. An excessive demand is a demand for which the anticipated costs exceed the average Canadian per capita health and social services costs, which is currently set at $6387.00 per year. Pursuant to subsection 38(1) and section 42 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act, it therefore appears that you may be inadmissible on health grounds.
You have the following medical condition or diagnosis:

Diagnosis: CHRONIC HEPATITIS B (070.3)
Narrative:
Applicant has a diagnosis of CHRONIC HEPATITIS B. His diagnosis was confirmed based on all information gathered. Hepatitis B is an infectious disease affecting the liver caused by the Hepatitis B virus (HBV), which can often be asymptomatic and go unnoticed, but which will eventually usually cause chronic liver disease and if left untreated, can progress to portal hypertension, liver fibrosis and cirrhosis, hepatocellular carcinoma and even liver failure requiring liver transplant. HBV infection can be treated and the aim of the treatment is to impede progression of the patient's liver disease by obtaining a sustained viral eradication or suppression of viral replication

Applicant's hepatitis B profile showed the HBe Ag marker to be reactive. Hepatitis B DNA viral load was 45,000,000 IU/ml. The liver enzyme ALT was 30 IU/L. Mr. XX is HBeAg positive with an elevated viral load, which indicate the presence of active Hepatitis B virus replication and high infectivity. Patients who are HBeAg positive usually require prolonged treatment with antivirals to decrease the viral load and maintain it at a level that decreases the risk of progression. Often patients who are HBeAg positive experience suboptimal response or a relapse of the chronic hepatitis B on one antiviral and must be switched to either another more expensive antiviral or a combination of antivirals long term. In the Canadian context this applicant would likely be offered long-term treatment with anti-viral medications (e.g. Adefovir, pegylated interferon) to maintain a surpressed HBV viral load. This is required in order to prevent progression to liver failure and the development of liver cancer. The treatment for chronic active hepatitis B is expensive and publicly funded.

Can someone please suggest how to go about responding to this letter or someone should please share a similar experience. Your comments and suggestions are welcome please.

Thanks
Did he pass medical