+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Failing to get all information regarding visitor visa

TechieGeek

Star Member
Dec 17, 2018
Hello all,

I have applied for the Visitor Visa for my mother-in-law and father-in-law, now they are fully vaccinated but they have got Sinovac Vaccination. I have applied them on the basis of my wife as she is pregnant and need their support here. Now there are lot of information available regarding the Letter of Exemption for Travelling to Canada and I am not able to process everything.

I want to know the exact thing I need to do after applying for the visitor visa. Do I need to apply for the letter of Exemption for Travelling to Canada? Do I need to manage their quarantine thing? I am really confused right now. What should I do now.

Some one who have recently visited Canada on Visitor Visa can share their experience.

Isi19

Nov 3, 2021
Hello all,

I have applied for the Visitor Visa for my mother-in-law and father-in-law, now they are fully vaccinated but they have got Sinovac Vaccination. I have applied them on the basis of my wife as she is pregnant and need their support here. Now there are lot of information available regarding the Letter of Exemption for Travelling to Canada and I am not able to process everything.

I want to know the exact thing I need to do after applying for the visitor visa. Do I need to apply for the letter of Exemption for Travelling to Canada? Do I need to manage their quarantine thing? I am really confused right now. What should I do now.

Some one who have recently visited Canada on Visitor Visa can share their experience.
Hey!

Hey, even I have applied for TRV mid October 2021. To reunite with my fiancé who is a permanent resident in Canada. Even though I applied after 7th September, I still needed to fill a webform asking for written authorisation for travel exemption. This is necessary for all extended family member seeking TRV (in-laws will fall under the extended family member category if you are a permanent resident and your wife is not). However if both of you are permanent residents, your in-laws become your wife's immediate family members).

You have to apply through the new IRCC portal for visitor visa. And after your submit your visa application, and your biometrics is on file, you need to request a written authorisation from IRCC via a webform. -- only if extended family member. The written authorisation request should contain the following information re the applicant (i.e. in-laws) -

1. Full Name:
2. Date of Birth:
3. Passport number:
4. Visa application number:
5. Unique Client Identifier: 1
6. Visa application submitted date:
7. Biometrics enrolment date and number:
8. Reason to travel to Canada – To reunite with immediate family member/ extended family member (insert name of PR holder) who is a
permanent resident of Canada (insert PR ID No.)

*Please try to ascertain whether they are immediate or extended family member*

To your visa application and to your webform request for written authorisation from the IRCC, you can attach the following supporting documents -
1. Evidence of relationship of extended family member with a Canada permanent resident - notarised solemn declaration (IMM0006).
2. Letter of Invitation/ Sponsorship by the PR card holder
3. Proof of permanent residence – PR Card copy
4. Proof of residence – Can be DL, health card or hydro Bill of apartment
5. Passport copy of PR card holder
6. Passport copy of in-laws
7. Fully vaccinated certificate or acknowledgment

Hope this helps.
Write your reply...

PREVIEW
Share:
Facebook
Twitter
Reddit
Pinterest
Tumblr
WhatsApp
Email
Link
Temporary Residence in Canada (Work, Study, Visit)
Explore your options
I Want To IMMIGRATE
I Want A WORK PERMIT
I Want To STUDY
I Want To INVEST
I Want To SPONSOR
I'm New To CANADA
I Am An EMPLOYER
I Want LEGAL HELP
I Want To Overcome INADMISSIBILITY
Canada Immigration Network
CanadaVisa.Com
CIC News
Canadian Immigration Forum
Canadian Immigration News
CanadaVisa News Team
Connect with us
Call us
+1 (514) 937-9445
Toll-free in U.S. and Canada
+1 (888) 947-9445

-- Temporary Residence in Canada (Work, Study, Visit)
Contact us
Terms and Conditions
Privacy policy
Help
Home
RSS
CanadaVisa.com | 1303 Greene Ave., Suite 200 | Westmount, Montreal, QC, Canada | H3Z 2A7
Sitemap
Unsubscribe
Privacy Policy Copyright
Contact Us

marketyourself

Star Member
Oct 27, 2021
Did anyone apply on the new IRCC portal? When I am listing countries of residence for past 5 years its showing me an error everytime I'm trying to hit save and continue.
Applying from USA for Visitor Visa. Please help!!

TechieGeek

Star Member
Dec 17, 2018
Hey!

Hey, even I have applied for TRV mid October 2021. To reunite with my fiancé who is a permanent resident in Canada. Even though I applied after 7th September, I still needed to fill a webform asking for written authorisation for travel exemption. This is necessary for all extended family member seeking TRV (in-laws will fall under the extended family member category if you are a permanent resident and your wife is not). However if both of you are permanent residents, your in-laws become your wife's immediate family members).

You have to apply through the new IRCC portal for visitor visa. And after your submit your visa application, and your biometrics is on file, you need to request a written authorisation from IRCC via a webform. -- only if extended family member. The written authorisation request should contain the following information re the applicant (i.e. in-laws) -

1. Full Name:
2. Date of Birth:
3. Passport number:
4. Visa application number:
5. Unique Client Identifier: 1
6. Visa application submitted date:
7. Biometrics enrolment date and number:
8. Reason to travel to Canada – To reunite with immediate family member/ extended family member (insert name of PR holder) who is a
permanent resident of Canada (insert PR ID No.)

*Please try to ascertain whether they are immediate or extended family member*

To your visa application and to your webform request for written authorisation from the IRCC, you can attach the following supporting documents -
1. Evidence of relationship of extended family member with a Canada permanent resident - notarised solemn declaration (IMM0006).
2. Letter of Invitation/ Sponsorship by the PR card holder
3. Proof of permanent residence – PR Card copy
4. Proof of residence – Can be DL, health card or hydro Bill of apartment
5. Passport copy of PR card holder
6. Passport copy of in-laws
7. Fully vaccinated certificate or acknowledgment

Hope this helps.
Write your reply...

PREVIEW
Share:
Facebook
Twitter
Reddit
Pinterest
Tumblr
WhatsApp
Email
Link
Temporary Residence in Canada (Work, Study, Visit)
Explore your options
I Want To IMMIGRATE
I Want A WORK PERMIT
I Want To STUDY
I Want To INVEST
I Want To SPONSOR
I'm New To CANADA
I Am An EMPLOYER
I Want LEGAL HELP
I Want To Overcome INADMISSIBILITY
Canada Immigration Network
CanadaVisa.Com
CIC News
Canadian Immigration Forum
Canadian Immigration News
CanadaVisa News Team
Connect with us
Call us
+1 (514) 937-9445
Toll-free in U.S. and Canada
+1 (888) 947-9445

-- Temporary Residence in Canada (Work, Study, Visit)
Contact us
Terms and Conditions
Privacy policy
Help
Home
RSS
CanadaVisa.com | 1303 Greene Ave., Suite 200 | Westmount, Montreal, QC, Canada | H3Z 2A7
Sitemap
Unsubscribe
Privacy Policy Copyright
Contact Us

Thank you for the detail post. I have already applied for the TRV for my In-laws, and it has been applied on the basis on my wife, so they are immediate family members of my wife.

Now my question is how do we apply for the "Authorization for Exemption from Canadian Travel Restrictions for the Purpose of Family Reunification" for my wife's parents? And once I applied for it and get the letter, how do we go about vaccination and all, they have taken Sinovac for the vaccine. Once we get the Authorization for Exemption, do we have to setup a quarantine place for them?