+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Failing to diclouse information CBSA airport

Quelaag

May 15, 2019
Good lord, you arrived under the pretext of visiting , got a job, illegally mind you , worked illegally, more than likely never filed your taxes , and NOW you’re worried about the Repercussions , and you all of the suddenly got all religious, and want to confess and tell the truth now, because it might mess up your plans to stay here permanently?
That ship has sailed
I keep coming across your comments on this forum and find them extremely rude and unhelpful. I think you should refrain from commenting next time if you have nothing constructive to add.

alejandro27

Jun 5, 2020
Good lord, you arrived under the pretext of visiting , got a job, illegally mind you , worked illegally, more than likely never filed your taxes , and NOW you’re worried about the Repercussions , and you all of the suddenly got all religious, and want to confess and tell the truth now, because it might mess up your plans to stay here permanently?
That ship has sailed
I am here asking for information because this is what this forum is about. I undertand your point but no need to be judgemental. Undertand not everybody has same opportunities/money/privilage, and what i did is not a crime, next time take your time to know the background and I hope you never find yourself in need.

• Love
Reactions: Miss bee

Phalos

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2020
I am here asking for information because this is what this forum is about. I undertand your point but no need to be judgemental. Undertand not everybody has same opportunities/money/privilage, and what i did is not a crime, next time take your time to know the background and I hope you never find yourself in need.
Look Alejandro, people get caught because either
1. The employer decided to declare your earnings to CRA.
2. Your coworker or somebody who knows about it, informed on you.

So think carefully, if there is a strong chance that #1 or #2 might happen, then perhaps you should disclose, otherwise keep quiet and dont listen to people who just want you to get punished without knowing the reasons behind your action.

Reactions: derin1010

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
Actually, working without authorization is in fact a crime in Canada. You are violating IRPA regulations. The fact it is seldom prosecuted does not make it “OK”.

Reactions: alejandro27