+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Failing to diclouse information CBSA airport

alejandro27

Jun 5, 2020
I came to Canada on july 2019 on a visitor visa and I got a job illegally where i worked till february 2020. During that time I left Canada twice in september and chirstmas to vist my family in my homecountry and then came back to Canada. The two times I return to Canada during the interview in the airport I never mentioned I was working because I knew it was illegal.

Since march I stoped working and I moved with my boyfriend, we got married, and he is going to sponsor me. I know even if you worked illegally you still can be sponsored. But I am afraid because i never mention my illegal activity at the airport, this could be consider misrepresentation and I could be ban from Canda for 5 years.

We will submit the application soon, i want to tell the truth and give full disclousure of the facts, i was thinking maybe it would be a good idea to write a cover letter or do you think it would be better just filling truthfully the forms. I am afraid to be separed from my husband. Does someone knows if this this will consider misrepresentation or if i can be forgiven because telling the truth. Does anyone have some similar experience?

Phalos

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2020
This is free advice for you.
Keep quiet about it!
There is no forgiveness from govt if u disclose this. Unless somebody tells on you, nobody will ever find out.

alejandro27

Jun 5, 2020
Sorry it wasn't an illegal activity at the airport. Just the fact that i was working on a turist visa since July, i left Canada in september and came back the same month and continued working.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I came to Canada on july 2019 on a visitor visa and I got a job illegally where i worked till february 2020. During that time I left Canada twice in september and chirstmas to vist my family in my homecountry and then came back to Canada. The two times I return to Canada during the interview in the airport I never mentioned I was working because I knew it was illegal.

Since march I stoped working and I moved with my boyfriend, we got married, and he is going to sponsor me. I know even if you worked illegally you still can be sponsored. But I am afraid because i never mention my illegal activity at the airport, this could be consider misrepresentation and I could be ban from Canda for 5 years.

We will submit the application soon, i want to tell the truth and give full disclousure of the facts, i was thinking maybe it would be a good idea to write a cover letter or do you think it would be better just filling truthfully the forms. I am afraid to be separed from my husband. Does someone knows if this this will consider misrepresentation or if i can be forgiven because telling the truth. Does anyone have some similar experience?
Make sure you declare the illegal work in your sponsorship application in your employment history. As long as you do that, you should be fine.

If you exclude the illegal work in your application, that could put you at risk of misrepresentation.

Married2018

Star Member
Jul 10, 2019
No need to disclose. It will just complicate things. If this was a cash job, they won't know this unless someone reports it.

jddd

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2017
Make sure you declare the illegal work in your sponsorship application in your employment history. As long as you do that, you should be fine.

If you exclude the illegal work in your application, that could put you at risk of misrepresentation.
Agree with scylla.

Sure you can hide it but that means you'll be looking over your shoulders FOREVER. That means that if it is discovered, your PR or even citizenship can be revoked because you were inadmissible due to misrepresentation. Truth is the only option if you want to ensure your status in Canada will never be at risk.

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
No need to disclose. It will just complicate things. If this was a cash job, they won't know this unless someone reports it.
It had to be under the table, can't work legally unless you have a SIN. Disclose what you did, as said it will probably be ok. If you don't and it is discovered the consequences could be bad. Never lie on your app, it can bite you.

alejandro27

Jun 5, 2020
Yes I was working in a cash job. I also think i should disclouse my illegal work. But maybe I won't write any cover letter and expect the best. Thank you everybody, I wish somebody had a similar experience which could be shared.

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
As said above, disclose it or risk potentially loosing your PR or citizenship at anytime in the future. I don’t think a cover letter is a necessity, just include the work in the application. If they have questions they will ask for further information.

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth

Good lord, you arrived under the pretext of visiting , got a job, illegally mind you , worked illegally, more than likely never filed your taxes , and NOW you’re worried about the Repercussions , and you all of the suddenly got all religious, and want to confess and tell the truth now, because it might mess up your plans to stay here permanently?
That ship has sailed

Alwx

Star Member
Jun 11, 2020
My dad came to Canada late 1999 as a refugee and couple months after started working illegally for cash on construction and renovations. In April 2000 he was caught. He was very worried it would affect his application. In June he had a hearing and got his permanent resident status. Then he sponsored his wife and kids.It didn't affect his application

Reactions: alejandro27

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
In general Canada is more forgiving if you are honest. CIC will likely figure out that you were working illegally so there is no piint in trying to hide it.