+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Failed to report marriage before landing

PK1121

May 28, 2019
Hello,
If possible, Could you please reply here about what happened to your spouse sponsorship file. Did they approved or no and what documents you guys submited.

Hope to read from someone who had a similar situation or know somebody had with their file.

Thanks.

robinjig

Sep 6, 2016
Hello All,
I am happy to inform you all that my wife’s application has been approved. We received procedural fairness letter. My lawyer replied with all fact that i did inform IRCC very next day and i did not have any ill intent or take advantage of system by not declaring my wife. Immigration officer for sure looked in all aspect and approved application.
All people do not make mistake and if you have done, please higher experienced/knowledgable immigration lawyer. It is all depend on discretion of officer accessing you application.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hello All,
I am happy to inform you all that my wife’s application has been approved. We received procedural fairness letter. My lawyer replied with all fact that i did inform IRCC very next day and i did not have any ill intent or take advantage of system by not declaring my wife. Immigration officer for sure looked in all aspect and approved application.
All people do not make mistake and if you have done, please higher experienced/knowledgable immigration lawyer. It is all depend on discretion of officer accessing you application.
Congrats. Obviously hard to say what went on exactly when they considered, but surely the fact you informed as soon as possible helped. (I doubt that this 48 hour grace period formally exists, but discretion does).

Hate to be negative but suspect this is not something that will apply to many cases.

Reactions: YVR123

Thabe

May 30, 2020
Hello All,
Happy to hear that you got through.
I have undeclared child and waiting for reply.
Could you please tel me the lawyer detail and where PA from.

robinjig

Sep 6, 2016
Hi, I don't mind to share details of my Lawyer but i am not sure if we can advertise business here. let me know if it is possible to reply in private.

Piyush14

Jul 3, 2014
Hello All,
Hi, could you please provide the lawyer details or contact info. If possible

thanks in advance

Maya2106

Jun 23, 2021
Hello All,
Hello @robinjig will you please share the time like approximately how long it takes from the day you raised the web form to the response of the procedural fairness letter?

Thank you in advance, any help will be much appreciated.

keys8014

Feb 4, 2021
Hello All,
1st page replies and this post, wow, nice. congrats.

lesson learned, nothing is lost if you try.

robinjig

Sep 6, 2016
Hello @robinjig will you please share the time like approximately how long it takes from the day you raised the web form to the response of the procedural fairness letter?

Thank you in advance, any help will be much appreciated.
Hi, it took 13 months after application submission to get procedural fairness letter. you don't get procedural fairness letter just from creating web form, you need to submit application. my advise, pls go to experienced lawyer.

robinjig

Sep 6, 2016
1st page replies and this post, wow, nice. congrats.

lesson learned, nothing is lost if you try.
Thanks. right, it worth to just try. if rejected, you end up loosing good amount of lawyer fees. as experienced lawyer charge a good chunk. but eventually we earn money for family. mistake happens.