+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Failed to report marriage before landing

robinjig

Sep 6, 2016
the officer always ask if there is any change,,,

people from India always got married during the process, and never inform the changes,,, I don't understand that,,,
it is so easy to stop the process, update the status and continuing with the new status, just add a couple of months and no headaches,,
i was not asked by CBSA officer but i will not blame them as it is clearly my mistake.

carolbb23

VIP Member
Jun 24, 2016
toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
mississauga
App. Filed.......
15\12\2015
Doc's Request.
already did for applications
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
15/01/2016
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
10/03/2017
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
02/11/2015
Interview........
thank god no interview
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
28/04/2017
LANDED..........
28/04/2017
I have not hired any consultant. I was managing my application by my own. most consultant don't provide bad advise.

ok.but some to

Sujith1988

Dec 17, 2018
Hi all,

I am also in a similar situation.. during landing informed the Cbsa officer I am single , as I was single till I got my PR but got married 2 months before landing. My wife applied for visitor visa but was rejected as I hadn’t declared during landing. Is there any way I can sponsor? Is coming on study visa an option ? Should she apply PR individually?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi all,

I am also in a similar situation.. during landing informed the Cbsa officer I am single , as I was single till I got my PR but got married 2 months before landing. My wife applied for visitor visa but was rejected as I hadn’t declared during landing. Is there any way I can sponsor? Is coming on study visa an option ? Should she apply PR individually?
Already answered in your other threads.

Reactions: scylla

lossada

Sep 5, 2017
Hi all,

ask for a legal advice, you can not sponsor her, On study visa would be an option, but you will be lucky if it is approved, Individual applying would be an option,,,,

Wonderland_1010

Champion Member
Aug 24, 2015
Regina, SK
Category........
PNP
Hi all,

Just so you know, since you never declared your new martial status to IRCC before landing, IRCC have the legal obligation to come back to you with questions and chances are they can revoke your PR status.

Reactions: YVR123 and mpsqra

robinjig

Sep 6, 2016
Hello All,

I found below text from Canada website. can someone tell whoever did not declare their immediate family member can sponsor them from September 9th?

As of September 9, 2019, we will launch a 2-year pilot project where a person (resettled refugee, was conferred refugee protection in Canada or were themselves sponsored as a spouse, partner or dependent child) who came to Canada can now sponsor undeclared immediate family members.

The Government is committed to protecting vulnerable people so they can leave abusive work or family relationships, or reunite with immediate family members.

Quotes
“Newcomers who failed to declare immediate family members as they first came to Canada were barred from sponsoring them. Today, we right that wrong. No worker should fear losing their job when they are being mistreated in their place of work. No partner should be more fearful of losing their immigration status instead of escaping abuse. Today, we say, fear no more.”

– The Honourable Ahmed Hussen, Minister of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/2019/05/canada-introduces-new-measures-for-vulnerable-individuals.html

Is this mean, i will be able eligible to sponsor my wife from September 2019?, I did not declare my wife when i landed.

Thanks

Garry21

Apr 25, 2018
Hello All,

I found below text from Canada website. can someone tell whoever did not declare their immediate family member can sponsor them from September 9th?

As of September 9, 2019, we will launch a 2-year pilot project where a person (resettled refugee, was conferred refugee protection in Canada or were themselves sponsored as a spouse, partner or dependent child) who came to Canada can now sponsor undeclared immediate family members.

The Government is committed to protecting vulnerable people so they can leave abusive work or family relationships, or reunite with immediate family members.

Quotes
“Newcomers who failed to declare immediate family members as they first came to Canada were barred from sponsoring them. Today, we right that wrong. No worker should fear losing their job when they are being mistreated in their place of work. No partner should be more fearful of losing their immigration status instead of escaping abuse. Today, we say, fear no more.”

– The Honourable Ahmed Hussen, Minister of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/2019/05/canada-introduces-new-measures-for-vulnerable-individuals.html

Is this mean, i will be able eligible to sponsor my wife from September 2019?, I did not declare my wife when i landed.

Thanks
Same question? From what I understand is that you can be eligible from 2019

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello All,

Quotes

Thanks
You obtained PR through an economic immigration stream (e.g. Express Entry, PNP) - correct? If so, then no - you cannot benefit from the above. It only applies to people who immigrated to Canada through a refugee program or through family sponsorship.

Reactions: canuck_in_uk

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Same question? From what I understand is that you can be eligible from 2019
No - this pilot doesn't apply to individuals who immigrated through economic immigration streams.

Muneeb1987

Dec 8, 2018
Thank you for the kind advise. waiting for IRCC's reply.
Hi
I would like to know if you received any response from IRCC and if somehow you were able to sponsor your wife or solve this issue of yours
Will be waiting for your response
Thanks in advance

kylelowry

Star Member
Jun 6, 2019
one of my friends had a similar issue and applied for spousal sponsorship. I don't have his exact timeline but i know he has been approved as a sponsor and the file has moved to the second VO.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
one of my friends had a similar issue and applied for spousal sponsorship. I don't have his exact timeline but i know he has been approved as a sponsor and the file has moved to the second VO.
Sponsor approval is the easy part. The refusal for an excluded family member will come during the next phase of processing.

Muneeb1987

Dec 8, 2018
Please do let me know if his case went through successfully and if he followed the normal procedure or what