+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Failed the Citizenship test

teatimeturn

Mar 22, 2022
Hi, I took and failed the citizenship test 03/19/2022 :( I know they will have to send me new invite to take another test which could take 4-8 weeks. However, when I tracked it this morning the status says "completed" for the test and didn't say anything about me failing it or that I have to wait for a new test date. So, I wanted to know if anyone have any insight on this type of situation.

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
Hi, I took and failed the citizenship test 03/19/2022 :( I know they will have to send me new invite to take another test which could take 4-8 weeks. However, when I tracked it this morning the status says "completed" for the test and didn't say anything about me failing it or that I have to wait for a new test date. So, I wanted to know if anyone have any insight on this type of situation.
Completed means your results have been validated. What was your score?

teatimeturn

Mar 22, 2022
That's what I thought but on the other end I thought maybe they said "completed" just because I took the test but didn't mean I passed it. Obviously I failed because I scored 13 out of 20 which is shameful lol I use some website to practice instead of reading the discover Canada. My advice to everyone - Study the discover Canada handbook. However, if you choose practice on some website - make sure to read the discover Canada handbook because I learnt the hard way.

teatimeturn

Mar 22, 2022
Completed means your results have been validated. What was your score?
That's what I thought but on the other end I thought maybe they said "completed" just because I took the test but didn't mean I passed it. Obviously I failed because I scored 13 out of 20 which is shameful lol I use some website to practice instead of reading the discover Canada. My advice to everyone - Study the discover Canada handbook. However, if you choose practice on some website - make sure to read the discover Canada handbook because I learnt the hard way.

Reactions: Maricel_25

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
People would have given you this advice here had you asked before taking the test. Anyway, good luck with the 2nd attempt when it comes. It might be an interview with an officer.

teatimeturn

Mar 22, 2022
People would have given you this advice here had you asked before taking the test. Anyway, good luck with the 2nd attempt when it comes. It might be an interview with an officer.
Yes, I wish I had asked here. If they end up scheduling for 2nd test, interview or maybe by luck I passed and they sent oath - I will share my story here. Thank you!

ifras

Oct 22, 2015
AOR Received.
23 Feb 2022
Interview........
Passport Req..
08 Nov 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Can you please share your experience . I scored 14/20. How was your second test

ifras

Oct 22, 2015
AOR Received.
23 Feb 2022
Interview........
Passport Req..
08 Nov 2017
VISA ISSUED...
What were the questions like?
Fill in the blanks with mcq . One questions out book.nothing like i practices in apps.i read the book as well

jd1982

Jan 2, 2015
Can you please share your experience . I scored 14/20. How was your second test
I also got 14/20 and i have read the book 3 times and did practice tests,not sure where it went wrong , in how many days one receive the second invite? it is said 4-6 weeks , any real experience would be helpful

ifras

Oct 22, 2015
AOR Received.
23 Feb 2022
Interview........
Passport Req..
08 Nov 2017
VISA ISSUED...
I also got 14/20 and i have read the book 3 times and did practice tests,not sure where it went wrong , in how many days one receive the second invite? it is said 4-6 weeks , any real experience would be helpful
Hi , i received it in 4 weeks. second test was very easy. i scored 19/20.

island755

Dec 24, 2014
Toronto ON
What were the questions like?
If you do your homework well and study the book Discover Canada" test is very easy. I scored 20/20. I finished the test within 5 minutes. You have plenty of time to spend, review all your answers and do adjustments before submitting it.