+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Failed Refugee Claimant, applying to Express Entry Skilled worker

elinima

Mar 4, 2020
Hello,
Is there anyone within my situation? I was refugee claimant but failed and returned back to my country confirming with CBSA. Now I am applying to express entry. waiting my WES evaluation and ielts results. Is there anyone in this situation? or was there? How was the process. Please share.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello,
Is there anyone within my situation? I was refugee claimant but failed and returned back to my country confirming with CBSA. Now I am applying to express entry. waiting my WES evaluation and ielts results. Is there anyone in this situation? or was there? How was the process. Please share.
Make sure you declare the failed refugee claim in your application. You will also need to go through the ARC process as part of your Express Entry application to return. This will cost you an additional $400 in fees (assuminy you paid for your own flight to leave Canada) and processing of your EE application will take longer because of the ARC. Otherwise you should be fine.

elinima

Mar 4, 2020
Make sure you declare the failed refugee claim in your application. You will also need to go through the ARC process as part of your Express Entry application to return. This will cost you an additional $400 in fees (assuminy you paid for your own flight to leave Canada) and processing of your EE application will take longer because of the ARC. Otherwise you should be fine.
thank you for your reply. no they paid my ticket. i left Canada in 3 days so i didnt have a chance to book flights. but i am able to pay back the flight ticket and arc. i just wanted to know if someone is in my situation

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
There have been people who have immigrated after a failed asyluj request. What is your CRS score and what type of express entry program are you applying for. I assume you are aware that your time working during your asylum application time will not count as Canadian work experience.

Reactions: elinima

elinima

Mar 4, 2020
There have been people who have immigrated after a failed asyluj request. What is your CRS score and what type of express entry program are you applying for. I assume you are aware that your time working during your asylum application time will not count as Canadian work experience.
Thanks for the reply. Federal Skilled Worker. 519 score. I called IRCC 4 times indicatiing what you have mentioned. They told me it is only not counted when you apply under Canadian Class express entry. But I have pay slips taxes and they put me hold on the phone telling me they will ask from immigration person and 4 times they mentioned that you can count them. So I assume I will count my work experience and it is up to them not to count. But before applying I will call them again and ask 2 or 3 more times that can I count them or not.

Reactions: Jeps

elinima

Mar 4, 2020
Thanks for the reply. Yes i did verify with them and I have exit form too. Hoping to apply soon.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
thank you for your reply. no they paid my ticket. i left Canada in 3 days so i didnt have a chance to book flights. but i am able to pay back the flight ticket and arc. i just wanted to know if someone is in my situation
In that case you will need to pay $400 in fees for the ARC as well as repay the costs of the flight which is usually somewhere in the $1200 range. These fees will need to be paid in addition to the normal fees you are required to pay as part of an Express Entry application.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thanks for the reply. Federal Skilled Worker. 519 score. I called IRCC 4 times indicatiing what you have mentioned. They told me it is only not counted when you apply under Canadian Class express entry. But I have pay slips taxes and they put me hold on the phone telling me they will ask from immigration person and 4 times they mentioned that you can count them. So I assume I will count my work experience and it is up to them not to count. But before applying I will call them again and ask 2 or 3 more times that can I count them or not.
That's right to the best of my knowledge. You cannot count this work experience for CEC and will have to qualify under FSW.

Make sure you are not counting points for having a job offer unless the employer has obtained an approved LMIA.

elinima

Mar 4, 2020
That's right to the best of my knowledge. You cannot count this work experience for CEC and will have to qualify under FSW.

Make sure you are not counting points for having a job offer unless the employer has obtained an approved LMIA.
Thanks for the reply. Yes I am aware of that and i will pay all required fees needed. Also No i have not counted job offer as I m sure they will require LMIA. I am only counting my age, ielts, work experience in Canada and Back home and credentials. Hoping to apply soon as WES is delaying my credentials

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thanks for the reply. Yes I am aware of that and i will pay all required fees needed. Also No i have not counted job offer as I m sure they will require LMIA. I am only counting my age, ielts, work experience in Canada and Back home and credentials. Hoping to apply soon as WES is delaying my credentials
I would recommend that you verify that your work experience in Canada can be counted as Canadian work experience under FSW. I'm not sure if it can or not since you gained this experience while in Canada without status.

Don't call the IRCC help desk for any advice. They are useless and provide wrong information all of the time. This is far too complicated a question for them to answer correctly. Get a consult with a good Canadian immigration lawyer to help you through the process.

Good luck.

elinima

Mar 4, 2020
I am so tired of lawyers. they were useles so much. lets see what happens i m also going to ask from IRCC consultants.licenced ones. but all them want consultation payments for one questions. tiring

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I am so tired of lawyers. they were useles so much. lets see what happens i m also going to ask from IRCC consultants.licenced ones. but all them want consultation payments for one questions. tiring
Yes - you have to pay for consults. Obviously those don't come for free. My person opinion is that an IRCC consultant isn't a good option since the questions you are asking are more complex. If you want advice, go with an immigration lawyer who will have a higher level of knowledge / understanding. Or you can just not bother and try to go at this on your own.

Whatever you do, don't believe anything the IRCC help desk tells you. Sadly they give out massively incorrect information all of the time to even simple questions (and yours aren't simple). Don't waste your time calling them any further.

elinima

Mar 4, 2020
Yes - you have to pay for consults. Obviously those don't come for free. My person opinion is that an IRCC consultant isn't a good option since the questions you are asking are more complex. If you want advice, go with an immigration lawyer who will have a higher level of knowledge / understanding. Or you can just not bother and try to go at this on your own.

Whatever you do, don't believe anything the IRCC help desk tells you. Sadly they give out massively incorrect information all of the time to even simple questions (and yours aren't simple). Don't waste your time calling them any further.
Yes thats also true. Hoping will figure out soon.