+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Fail to Score IELTS

fedail

Star Member
May 20, 2012
Hello,

If I fail to score 6.5 in IELTS what is the alternative way to study in Canada. my university is UWO.

echelon99

Jun 5, 2012
Colombo, Sri-Lanka
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC-Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-05-2013
IELTS Request
8.0 overall
File Transfer...
24-05-2013
Med's Request
28-06-2013
Med's Done....
01-07-2013
Passport Req..
19-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
24-07-2013
there are other tests you might be able to take, such as Tofel

but just study hard and take the IELTS again, it's not that hard. Got 8.0 academic, first try.

If your lucky enough to get into UWO, take IELTS as many times u need to.

fedail

Star Member
May 20, 2012
The problem is I don't have time the Study start on January and the next exam on September If I fail in these both I want a backup plan.

Exodus123

Jun 4, 2012
fedail said:
The problem is I don't have time the Study start on January and the next exam on September If I fail in these both I want a backup plan.
Their minimum is 6.5, Apply to retake the test. You can select other centers for the test.

Inam89

Champion Member
Feb 23, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Yes
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
Yes
fedail said:
Hello,

If I fail to score 6.5 in IELTS what is the alternative way to study in Canada. my university is UWO.
Which faculty were you joining and in which course and degree?

Just for Info: A student from India was denied visa because he has taken TOEFL instead of IELTS and the student has to retake IELTS again.

Inam89

Champion Member
Feb 23, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Yes
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
Yes
fedail said:
UWO - computer Engineering - Master degree
How much you scored?

fedail

Star Member
May 20, 2012
I did the exam today. I didn't get my score yet. I'm talking in case i didn't score 6.5

Lize

Star Member
Jan 26, 2012
I did both. Toefl is harder regarding the speaking section , reading, listening.

My recommendation is to retake the IELTS , study alot, focus only in that exam , study for at least 3 moths in advanced.

Inam89

Champion Member
Feb 23, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Yes
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
Yes
fedail said:
I did the exam today. I didn't get my score yet. I'm talking in case i didn't score 6.5
Oops sorry didn't saw that "If" in your initial post. I am sure you will get 6.5 or more but if you don't then I advise you to retake IELTS. I took TOEFL it looked easy to me but I have seen this one case on this forum; an Indian student was rejected by a VO just by saying that we require IELTS.

Aquib

Apr 19, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
March 2010
AOR Received.
JULY 2010
IELTS Request
SUBMIT WITH APPLICATION
File Transfer...
FEB 2010
Med's Request
09 FEB 2012
Med's Done....
27 Feb 2012
Interview........
Medical received 12 March
Passport Req..
15 April 2012
VISA ISSUED...
30 April 2012
LANDED..........
Sep 18 2012 Shuker Allah.
fedail said:
Hello,

Best to book one more Ielts from nearby city. As a backup

soloman1776

Star Member
May 22, 2012
i came to canada and got accepted in top maritime school without IELTS ;)
although i got my ielts results later but i didnt show to anyone ,coz nobody asked for it.

adee1

Feb 27, 2012
fedail said:
Hello,

Hi Fedail

I have recieved the following reply by the graduate office of UWO regarding my query about the exemption of my IELTS Test
Regarding the English Proficiency Tests......
Western in an English language University and it is important to your success that you are proficient in both spoken and written English. All students must demonstrate the ability to speak and write clearly and correctly. Applicants whose first language is NOT English must supply evidence of their proficiency in the use of the English language.
Other formal evidence of graduate level proficiency in English may be considered in lieu of these test scores. For example, if an applicant whose first language is not English, submits a minimum 2 year degree in English from an English speaking University. After a quick glance at your application, I can see you possess a Bachelors degree and Masters degree in English which would exempt you from English Proficiency Testing. When you provide these degrees (original or notarized copy), I will exempt your English Testing on your application.
Unquote
So I mean to say that if you have your previous degree from an institute where the medium of language was English just get a formal proof from your previous institute and send them.IELTS is the requirement of college/uni not embassy although it is highly advisable to take the test.Thanks and Best of luck for your future.

fedail

Star Member
May 20, 2012
I hope to score 6.5 in this exam and if I can't I'll do another exams until I get the score 6.5

this is the answer from the collage

All prospective students whose first language is not English will be required to write one of the following English Language Proficiency tests:

- TOEFL

- TWE

- MELAB

- IELTS

- CanTEST or

- CAEL

For the IELTS test, all students will be required to have a minimum score of 6.5 with no grade less than six.

rockers2012

May 8, 2012
Also, you will need to convince visa officer if you can carry out your studies in English instruction. So, retake the exam and study harder. Any score below band 6 is considered average.