+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FAHER NAME DISCREPANCY

Ascent

May 22, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all ,

I am facing an issue regarding the name of the Candidate and Father name.

One of my cousin is also applying for immigration, he wanted to do his ECA. But when he went for verifying his degree from Higher Education Commission to be sent to CEC Toronto,they raise an objection saying that there is mismatch between the father name of the candidate on the degree certificate and Father's CNIC.

(Person's father has 3 names on CNIC and on degree only two are mention)

I have an alternate option for this in my opinion.

Go directly for ECA through he degree awarding university. Which I am sure wont be a problem as I did he same.

Second problem which he is worried about is, after the ECA when he will be applying to CIC

1.Will CIC be concern about this Discrepancy.
2. If yes how can we solve this issue?
3. Will the affidavit be sufficient in this regard at post ITA stage.

Thanks in advance for the suggestions.

vishalg

Champion Member
Oct 14, 2015
NOC Code......
Ascent said:
Hi all ,

I am facing an issue regarding the name of the Candidate and Father name.

One of my cousin is also applying for immigration, he wanted to do his ECA. But when he went for verifying his degree from Higher Education Commission to be sent to CEC Toronto,they raise an objection saying that there is mismatch between the father name of the candidate on the degree certificate and Father's CNIC.

(Person's father has 3 names on CNIC and on degree only two are mention)

I have an alternate option for this in my opinion.

Go directly for ECA through he degree awarding university. Which I am sure wont be a problem as I did he same.

Second problem which he is worried about is, after the ECA when he will be applying to CIC

1.Will CIC be concern about this Discrepancy.
2. If yes how can we solve this issue?
3. Will the affidavit be sufficient in this regard at post ITA stage.

Thanks in advance for the suggestions.
by 3 names you mean first name middle name and surname (that's my assumption).
Write an LOE and if possible get a notarized affidavit "One and same person" which mentions all his names used in the legal documents stating that this is one person only.