+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Faded Passport Stamp

seemefree

Star Member
Oct 20, 2017
Hello there,

I will be submitting my e-APR this weekend, finally!
As I understand, I need to scan all the pages in my passport and provide it in the identity proof supporting document placeholder.

I noticed that 2 stamps have faded on my passport and do not even show the date or place.
I have not excluded that from my travel history though. It is clearly mentioned in my travel history.

Will those faded stamps be a problem?

Thanks a lot in advance!

@DelPiero07 @legalfalcon

mt103plus

Star Member
Aug 11, 2017
CIC will have access to your travel records based on your passport - as long as it matches with what you state, you are good.

Reactions: seemefree

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hello there,

I will be submitting my e-APR this weekend, finally!
As I understand, I need to scan all the pages in my passport and provide it in the identity proof supporting document placeholder.

I noticed that 2 stamps have faded on my passport and do not even show the date or place.
I have not excluded that from my travel history though. It is clearly mentioned in my travel history.

Will those faded stamps be a problem?

Thanks a lot in advance!

@DelPiero07 @legalfalcon
The faded stamps will not be an issue. If you are concerned, you can address it in the LoE and give the details of those stamps and mention the page number of your PP where they appear.

seemefree

Star Member
Oct 20, 2017
CIC will have access to your travel records based on your passport - as long as it matches with what you state, you are good.
The faded stamps will not be an issue. If you are concerned, you can address it in the LoE and give the details of those stamps and mention the page number of your PP where they appear.
Thanks guys! Really appreciate your help!
I just wanted to clarify one more thing regarding the travel document.

The travel document I have listed in my EE appliaction is my passport. Therefore, I will naturally be attaching scans of my passport as we discussed above.

Furthermore, proactively, I will be adding scans of my temporary residence permit card (europe) since I am an Indian citizen living here.
As the residence stamp doesn't appear in my passport, it will be easier for them to see my legal status here (with the residence card) since I have listed my current location as place of residence.

All the section headings in the temporary permit residence card are as follows : Native language / English
That being said, the contents within those sections are in the native language (Ofcourse my name, date of birth are listed in English).

For example :

Place of birth is indicated as how it is referred to in the native language.
Nationality is indicated as "Indijos"

Would I need to get the translation document set (Original, Notarized Copy, Certified translation) in this case?
Or since I am proactively adding this document, without their request, I dont need to do it?

Looking forward to your kind response! Thank you in advance!

@legalfalcon @DelPiero07

mt103plus

Star Member
Aug 11, 2017
CIC doesnt care about anything other than your passport (as a travel document) - you will need to get a PCC if you have stayed in a foreign country for more than 6 months (along with your home country PCC).

Edit - if you are submitting any document (proactive or otherwise), please make sure it meets CIC's requirement of documents.

seemefree

Star Member
Oct 20, 2017
CIC doesnt care about anything other than your passport (as a travel document) - you will need to get a PCC if you have stayed in a foreign country for more than 6 months (along with your home country PCC).

Edit - if you are submitting any document (proactive or otherwise), please make sure it meets CIC's requirement of documents.
Thanks for your response.

Would love your opinions as well @legalfalcon @DelPiero07

Thank you in advance!

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Thanks guys! Really appreciate your help!
I just wanted to clarify one more thing regarding the travel document.

The travel document I have listed in my EE appliaction is my passport. Therefore, I will naturally be attaching scans of my passport as we discussed above.

Furthermore, proactively, I will be adding scans of my temporary residence permit card (europe) since I am an Indian citizen living here.
As the residence stamp doesn't appear in my passport, it will be easier for them to see my legal status here (with the residence card) since I have listed my current location as place of residence.

All the section headings in the temporary permit residence card are as follows : Native language / English
That being said, the contents within those sections are in the native language (Ofcourse my name, date of birth are listed in English).

For example :

Place of birth is indicated as how it is referred to in the native language.
Nationality is indicated as "Indijos"

Would I need to get the translation document set (Original, Notarized Copy, Certified translation) in this case?
Or since I am proactively adding this document, without their request, I dont need to do it?

Looking forward to your kind response! Thank you in advance!

@legalfalcon @DelPiero07
The travel document refers to your Passport, if you have one, or to any other document that entitles you to travel, which can be a refugee card, a temporary travel document etc.

As regards the temporary permit resident card, there is no need to attach it, unless asked, which will be when you file your application post ITA.

If the document is not in english or french, you will need to get it translated.

seemefree

Star Member
Oct 20, 2017
The travel document refers to your Passport, if you have one, or to any other document that entitles you to travel, which can be a refugee card, a temporary travel document etc.

As regards the temporary permit resident card, there is no need to attach it, unless asked, which will be when you file your application post ITA.

If the document is not in english or french, you will need to get it translated.
Thanks a lot for that! :)