+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Facing suspension

thatkid22

Aug 18, 2020
Thanks everyone, it was very helpful. I now wonder if I could change my institution (university) in the fall. Would that make me eligible for PGWP?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thanks everyone, it was very helpful. I now wonder if I could change my institution (university) in the fall. Would that make me eligible for PGWP?
If you start a brand new program from scratch - then yes.

thatkid22

Aug 18, 2020
The profs didn't post fake solutions.

All major North American universities have tools / systems that allow them to automatically review test answers and essays to identify plagiarism. This isn't new. It's been in place for some time now.
You are probably right. I didn't actually get suspended yet. I took the answers from internet, which on second look are very wrong but at that time I didn't realize. So, I'm speculating that the profs or the TAs did something and I'm gonna get caught. I will likely get suspended if I get caught now. I wish someone told me about this suspension shit before hand.

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
You are probably right. I didn't actually get suspended yet. I took the answers from internet, which on second look are very wrong but at that time I didn't realize. So, I'm speculating that the profs or the TAs did something and I'm gonna get caught. I will likely get suspended if I get caught now. I wish someone told me about this suspension shit before hand.
So what you did you expect would happen if you get caught cheating? Get a flower gala?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Again, profs and TAs didn't do anything. Universities have tools that run exam and essay responses against material on the internet. If they find exam answers that are copy and paste (or extremely similiar) to what's on the internet, your response is flagged. Universities have been doing this for years in North America.

University policies cover suspension policies and plagiarism. You knew that what you were doing was wrong. This is all on you.

Reactions: Copingwithlife

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
In Ancient Sparta, kids who were caught stealing would be punished severely. Not for stealing though but because they got caught. So, either don't cheat or if you do, don't get caught (but be ready to accept the consequences)

thatkid22

Aug 18, 2020
I know I fucked up big time... I am not saying I am stuck in an unfair system or anything but what could I do to fix it? Or, what should my further steps be to control the damage done?

AstronomyNut

Jan 24, 2018
I know I fucked up big time... I am not saying I am stuck in an unfair system or anything but what could I do to fix it? Or, what should my further steps be to control the damage done?
Can you appeal to the school? There might something on their website.

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
Do you go to a college or university? And what level is the program: diploma, bachelor's master's? If is it not a reputable college, then I have seen them accommodate people who got caught

thatkid22

Aug 18, 2020
Can you appeal to the school? There might something on their website.
Yes there is, I am done reading a huge manual about assessment of academic integrity. I'm making my case as of right now. I was just considering that the appeal get denied by the university. What could I do then?

thatkid22

Aug 18, 2020
Do you go to a college or university? And what level is the program: diploma, bachelor's master's? If is it not a reputable college, then I have seen them accommodate people who got caught
University, Bachelor's, One of the most reputable

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
University, Bachelor's, One of the most reputable
It's going to be hard then. Now, has your professor reported you to academic integrity yet or did they contact you directly? If they have not reported you yet then maybe you can reason with them, otherwise, you will have to make a formal appeal and the Dean and other higher ups will decide your fate

CommentDebate

Jul 12, 2020
Yes there is, I am done reading a huge manual about assessment of academic integrity. I'm making my case as of right now. I was just considering that the appeal get denied by the university. What could I do then?
Don't fight it. Beg. Both knees on the ground with a few tears. Show this in your email. Tell all the repercussions and how it would personally and professionally hurt you. Promise you will never do it again and had never done it before. Situation was bad and there was a lack of judgement. Use a lot of words like please, sorry, request, kindly, hurt, emotion, personal etc.

Reactions: Drsunmeet Singh