+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Facilitation Visa Question

kanor24

Aug 1, 2017
Anybody know how to acquire a facilitation visa?
My wife is getting her immigration visa soon and we just had a baby.
Hoping someone can shed some light as I can't fine any application or even the know how on where to start.

Please advise. I want to be with my family.

Any help is appreciated.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Hoping someone can shed some light as I can't fine any application or even the know how on where to start.

Any help is appreciated.

1. Unless you are a Canadian citizen, and the child can apply for proof of citizenship, a facilitation visa will NOT be issued. You would have to add the baby to the application for your wife.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12

Any help is appreciated.
Assuming you are Canadian, as your child is under the age of 2, you need to apply for a Certificate of Citizenship and limited validity passport for your child.

gig-gig

Dec 14, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Manila
App. Filed.......
June 1017
AOR Received.
August 2017
File Transfer...
Sept. 2017

Any help is appreciated.
Hi @kanor24 ,

Was wondering what happened to this thread. Were you able to apply foe facilitation visa? Im kinda on the same situation. Got our visa already but my son, who is two applied for certificate of citizenship, unfortunately til now no update on that. So were looking on getting him a facilitation visa. Appreciate your help. Thanks.

Usmanaziz

May 25, 2018
Same here. I applied for a visit visa which got denied and now i took some professional help and applied a facilitation visa on humanitatian grounds. Just eanted to know the timeline.

salb_2018

Oct 21, 2018
Oakville, Ontario, Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London Visa Office
App. Filed.......
January 2018
Doc's Request.
March 27th, April 5th, and May 16th, 2018
File Transfer...
27-06-2018 to LVO
Med's Request
March 2018
Med's Done....
April 2018
Hi guys!

Same situation - my wife's spousal case just got approved and she got her passport back bu our son who is almost 1, and who we have applied for a Proof of Citizenship since I am a Canadian Citizen, has not been approved yet (could take up to two years according to them - cic), so we are looking into getting him a facilitation single entry visa as soon as possible. Don't know where to start - any help or direction on how to do this would greatly be appreciated!

Thanks

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi guys!

Same situation - my wife's spousal case just got approved and she got her passport back bu our son who is almost 1, and who we have applied for a Proof of Citizenship since I am a Canadian Citizen, has not been approved yet (could take up to two years according to them - cic), so we are looking into getting him a facilitation single entry visa as soon as possible. Don't know where to start - any help or direction on how to do this would greatly be appreciated!

Thanks
Hi

Apply for a limited validity Canadian passport instead.

salb_2018

Oct 21, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London Visa Office
App. Filed.......
January 2018
Doc's Request.
File Transfer...
27-06-2018 to LVO
Med's Request
March 2018
Med's Done....
April 2018
Hi

Apply for a limited validity Canadian passport instead.
Have you done it before? I tried getting info on Facilitation Visas, but no luck. Any experience with this limited validity passport and what the processing and timeframe is like?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Have you done it before? I tried getting info on Facilitation Visas, but no luck. Any experience with this limited validity passport and what the processing and timeframe is like?
No, I have not done it. Many on the forum have. The passport can be issued within days if proof of travel is shown.

salb_2018

Oct 21, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London Visa Office
App. Filed.......
January 2018
Doc's Request.
File Transfer...
27-06-2018 to LVO
Med's Request
March 2018
Med's Done....
April 2018
Can anyone who has gone through the process for an urgent Facilitation Visa or Limited Validity Passport please reply and help me out and guide me regarding the process and what we would need to do/fill out? I cannot seem to find anything online regarding the processing and time is tight. I have emailed and inquired with The High Commission in Pakistan, but nothing yet.

Help!

Thanks

Ismaeladowe

Oct 25, 2018
Can anyone who has gone through the process for an urgent Facilitation Visa or Limited Validity Passport please reply and help me out and guide me regarding the process and what we would need to do/fill out? I cannot seem to find anything online regarding the processing and time is tight. I have emailed and inquired with The High Commission in Pakistan, but nothing yet.

Help!
IRCC visa office asked me facilitation visa fee for my son who is 8 month so he could travel with my wife I made a payment and send the receipt with my son’s proof of citizenship it is been month since I made the payment but I got no respond so I don’t know what will happen after
Thanks