+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

F1 visa expired and planning to avail AVR

lenkoo

Sep 4, 2018
Hello,

I am an F1 student with valid I20 and valid I94. I initially came for masters degree and I am now doing my PHD here. My initial F1 visa expired and I did not got for visa stamping afterwards for my PHD. I now have COPR and I am supposed to do a soft landing within next month. Can I avail AVR? I am still not sure about flying or driving as I am not sure if CBP officers at my local airport would be aware of AVR rules or not.

Please suggest me on what to do?

Reactions: chancan

jokerdurden

Star Member
Jun 10, 2019
Hello,

I am an F1 student with valid I20 and valid I94. I initially came for masters degree and I am now doing my PHD here. My initial F1 visa expired and I did not got for visa stamping afterwards for my PHD. I now have COPR and I am supposed to do a soft landing within next month. Can I avail AVR? I am still not sure about flying or driving as I am not sure if CBP officers at my local airport would be aware of AVR rules or not.

Please suggest me on what to do?
Hi @lenkoo,

I’m in similar situation as you. I’m doing my phd now in USA with valid F1 status and I94 but expired visa and I’m planning to do soft landing soon with Copr. Please share your experience with the process. Thanks a lot in advance!