+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Eye examination (medicals)

Mar 22, 2018
I just realized, in medicals they do eye examination also. I had a cornea replacement surgery when I was 4 years old. I have -6 power in one eye and near perfect eyesight in the other. Could this be a cause of rejection later. I am about to submit the EE profile, but if this could be a cause for rejection, not sure I should even go ahead with Canada PR at this stage. Any advice will be helpful Thanks

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
Zero chances to cause rejection. CIC looks if you would be a danger to public or burden to Canadian healthcare or not. I don't see how this could be a danger or burden to their medical system as you don't require any kind of treatment now or in future. Moreover they have revised excessive demand clause last month and tripled the amount required to be an excessive demand. The amount is super high that only intense treatments like organ transplant may require that much of estimate to be treated.

For vision, they just ask you read the letters and check your vision. It is okay if you wear glasses or lenses and mention that you have power. Unless they find something and ask specifically ask, no need to make any mentions about your childhood surgery too.

Reactions: northpole_kringle
Mar 22, 2018
Zero chances to cause rejection. CIC looks if you would be a danger to public or burden to Canadian healthcare or not. I don't see how this could be a danger or burden to their medical system as you don't require any kind of treatment now or in future. Moreover they have revised excessive demand clause last month and tripled the amount required to be an excessive demand. The amount is super high that only intense treatments like organ transplant may require that much of estimate to be treated.

For vision, they just ask you read the letters and check your vision. It is okay if you wear glasses or lenses and mention that you have power. Unless they find something and ask specifically ask, no need to make any mentions about your childhood surgery too.
Oh this is a relief. thanks for your prompt response. Much obliged :)