+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Eye Color

Delilah14

Jun 10, 2013
This might be a stupid question, BUT hey why not I still ask

In my PR card it says my eye colour is black (my mom filled this out, as she did the migration papers when we first came. I was under 18)
But my eye colour is not black, its brown. Would it be an issue if I put 'brown' as my eye colour on my citizenship applications as well as my PR extension?

sept15

Champion Member
Sep 26, 2010
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Delilah14 said:

In my PR card it says my eye colour is black (my mom filled this out, as she did the migration papers when we first came. I was under 18)
But my eye colour is not black, its brown. Would it be an issue if I put 'brown' as my eye colour on my citizenship applications as well as my PR extension?
eye color do change but not sure at what age they stop changing.
my response would be: 1) write what you see. If your eye color is brown, write that. 2) if you have previously said your eye color is blue and now you are saying they are black, that would be blunder. I do not think, hazel, brown, black will create any issue but they might not change it on your card. they will put what they had initially...

spiritsoul

Jan 9, 2013
Mississauga
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
28-03-2011
AOR Received.
02-05-2011
File Transfer...
02-05-2011
Med's Request
25-11-2012
Med's Done....
17-01-2013
Interview........
Nil
Passport Req..
18-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
11-03-2013
LANDED..........
16-06-2013

Well, I have the same situation for my son. I filled out his eye color as "black" when he was 1.5 years old which is reflected in the COPR and his PR card. Now, he is 7.5 years old and it's the time for citizenship application, his eyes are clearly BROW, actually "dark brown".... I typed brown but not sure if this will be an issue?

After sending the application, I found a research saying that children eye's color could change till the age of 6 years old but unfortunately I didn't attach any explanation of a such with the citizenship application, I hope the citizenship officer understands this scenario in lieu of returning or delaying our family application!!

ijaz_ch84

Star Member
Apr 25, 2016
Well, I have the same situation for my son. I filled out his eye color as "black" when he was 1.5 years old which is reflected in the COPR and his PR card. Now, he is 7.5 years old and it's the time for citizenship application, his eyes are clearly BROW, actually "dark brown".... I typed brown but not sure if this will be an issue?

After sending the application, I found a research saying that children eye's color could change till the age of 6 years old but unfortunately I didn't attach any explanation of a such with the citizenship application, I hope the citizenship officer understands this scenario in lieu of returning or delaying our family application!!
Interesting -- I have recently got passport request and need to give details on eye color and height. As others, i also have mentioned eye color as black for myself and family but now we are realizing that it is actually "DARK brown" , I am confused if i need to change it before COPR or lets live with black eyes as this wont matter much at the end.