+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Eye color on COPR

mgcedeno

Feb 2, 2020
Hi! So i got my COPR today with my visa and i noticed they put “brown” on my eye color in the COPR, and i remember putting black when filling out the Appendix B. Will it affect my entry in Canada when the immigration officer sees me? I mean I’m positively sure that I put black on appendix B. Why would they change in to brown in my COPR?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi! So i got my COPR today with my visa and i noticed they put “brown” on my eye color in the COPR, and i remember putting black when filling out the Appendix B. Will it affect my entry in Canada when the immigration officer sees me? I mean I’m positively sure that I put black on appendix B. Why would they change in to brown in my COPR?
Not an issue.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Don't think it matters. I doubt black is a colour they use and will just change it to brown anyway. So i would put brown but whatever.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks for your thoughts and suggestion.

Anyone else also faced this kind of situation? What would be the better option? Should I change it to Brown or keep it as Black. Any threads regarding this would be really helpful.
How about wear contact lenses?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Thanks for your thoughts and suggestion.

Anyone else also faced this kind of situation? What would be the better option? Should I change it to Brown or keep it as Black. Any threads regarding this would be really helpful.
If you read the first part of this thread, the OP put black and it was changed to brown on docs. No problems.

Or you can continue to ask the same question after everyone tells you it should be no problem.

cecapplied

Star Member
Nov 5, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

I have recently received PPR letter for submission of passport for Visa stamping and COPR. I need to provide my height and eye color along with other documents. I realized that my eyes color is Brown but I have mentioned it as Black in my initial application. Please suggest what should I mention my eye color while sending it for Passport stamping?

Should I mention it as Brown as realized now or Black which is mentioned in previous documents?

Please suggest.
Black eyes are very very very rare and it is thought that black eyes do not exist (do some googling on the topic). Most people think that their eye colour is black, whereas it is indeed brown. I think most authorities understand that and re-correcting black to brown would be an understood correction.