Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/09/2014
Med's Done....
26/07/2014
Passport Req..
17/11/2014
Hello all,

I submitted my application for PR Outland, on September 2nd and today I received a letter from CIC stating the following:

"Further medical information is required before a decision can be reached. Details have been sent to your eMedical file regarding the medical information required. Please return to see the panel physician. The panel physician will arrange for the additional medical tests to be carried out."

Any thoughts people?

PF

Star Member
Sep 1, 2010
Hamilton, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/09/2014
Med's Done....
26/07/2014
Passport Req..
17/11/2014
Thanks for pointing that out!

Why would they be looking for extra tests? I am healthy with no medical conditions

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

PF said:
Thanks for pointing that out!

Why would they be looking for extra tests? I am healthy with no medical conditions
You may think you are healthy, but something has come up during the review of your medical exam and has to be investigated.

lellen

Mar 20, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 11 2014
AOR Received.
(SA) August 7 2014
File Transfer...
August 21 2014
Med's Done....
May 29 2014
Passport Req..
December 24 2014
VISA ISSUED...
January 2 2015
LANDED..........
17-02-2015
Don't worry, like I said in the other thread if the doctor didn't call you after the tests it's because he or she didn't see anything worrisome. CIC might have seen something in your results that they didn't like (like a spot in the lungs that could either be nothing, an error, or could be TB), and they just want to make sure. If the information is in your eMedical file, the doctor will have it so if you call them they'll know. Good luck to you, I hope it's nothing!

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Unfortunately, you have no choice and won't know what they're concerned with until you see the doctor.

The good news, is that the medical restrictions for the Family Class (spouses and partners) are pretty relaxed. The only things that could be a real issue with your PR, would be active tuberculosis or anything else that could be harmful to the public.

Good luck!

PF

Star Member
Sep 1, 2010
Hamilton, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/09/2014
Med's Done....
26/07/2014
Passport Req..
17/11/2014
Thank you all.

PF

Star Member
Sep 1, 2010
Hamilton, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/09/2014
Med's Done....
26/07/2014
Passport Req..
17/11/2014
I have to have another chest x-Ray taken

mrs.Cam

Aug 17, 2014
Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-07-2014
AOR Received.
SA: 19-09-2014
File Transfer...
19-09-2014
Med's Done....
30-06-2014
Passport Req..
08-04-15 (w/ visa validity until 31-7-15; IP 7-4-15)
VISA ISSUED...
DM 30-04-15 VOH 07-05-15
LANDED..........
In God's perfect timing.. May 27,2015! <3
PF said:
I have to have another chest x-Ray taken
Hi, why does your panel physician didn't ask for the extra test before they submitted your results to CIC? The doctor didn't see it but CIC did?

mrs.Cam

Aug 17, 2014
Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-07-2014
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
19-09-2014
Med's Done....
30-06-2014
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
DM 30-04-15 VOH 07-05-15
LANDED..........
lellen said:
Don't worry, like I said in the other thread if the doctor didn't call you after the tests it's because he or she didn't see anything worrisome. CIC might have seen something in your results that they didn't like (like a spot in the lungs that could either be nothing, an error, or could be TB), and they just want to make sure. If the information is in your eMedical file, the doctor will have it so if you call them they'll know. Good luck to you, I hope it's nothing!
I'm just curious, the panel physician is the one requesting for extra test right? If the panel physician said that there's no additional test required and no abnormalities found and results will be submitted to cic, is it possible that cic will request additional test?

On PF's case, he had his medical on July and results have been forwarded to cic when they submitted their application, now the it is the cic requesting for him for the additional xray? why didn't the panel physician who evaluated the tests requested for it before sending it to CIC?

Avadava

Oct 11, 2013
Vancouver
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Vienna
App. Filed.......
December 3, 2013
AOR Received.
Stage 1 AOR + SA January 8, 2014
File Transfer...
January 12, 2014
Med's Request
Further Medical Tests Requested: October 24, 2013
Med's Done....
October 15, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
October 20, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
October 27, 2014
LANDED..........
January 17, 2015
mrs.Cam said:
I'm just curious, the panel physician is the one requesting for extra test right? If the panel physician said that there's no additional test required and no abnormalities found and results will be submitted to cic, is it possible that cic will request additional test?

On PF's case, he had his medical on July and results have been forwarded to cic when they submitted their application, now the it is the cic requesting for him for the additional xray? why didn't the panel physician who evaluated the tests requested for it before sending it to CIC?
The panel physician has no right in making any decision on your medical exam. They can only inform you if you have a serious condition where your life is at risk and need immediate treatment.
He/she sends your test results to CIC Health Branch, and they decide if you need further tests or not. Those are the rules according to the panel physician's manual.

PF said:
Hello all,

I submitted my application for PR Outland, on September 2nd and today I received a letter from CIC stating the following:

"Further medical information is required before a decision can be reached. Details have been sent to your eMedical file regarding the medical information required. Please return to see the panel physician. The panel physician will arrange for the additional medical tests to be carried out."

Any thoughts people?
The same thing happened to me so don't panic, is normal.

Go back to the panel physician and he/she will access your medical file in the CIC date base and will be able to see what further tests you need to do. Most likely it will be an X-ray (like in my case).
What happened to me was that the CIC doctors saw a spot on my lung and they suspected TB. They ordered me to have an X-ray done 3 months after my initial medical exam. This way, they can compare both of the X-rays and if they see the spot on the lungs hasn't changed shape or size, then there is either no TB or is inactive.

My panel physician saw the spot on my lungs and I explained it could be from an old pneumonia I had as a child. He agreed, but said he needs to send the results to CIC and they will decide what to do next. He even put a note saying: "patient informed of having pneumonia as a child". CIC doesn't care, when it comes to TB, they are extra cautious.

Even if you have active TB, all that means is that you have to have a 6 month treatment before coming to Canada. The bad side is that your PR application will be put on hold until you finish your treatment. But I'm sure this is not the case with you (like I said, I was sent back for a second X-ray and sputum tests because of an odd spot on my lungs and it turned out all negative), so don't worry, go take your X-ray and everything will take its normal course. Be happy they didn't ask for sputum tests like they did with me, cause that took 9 weeks to get the results. I was lucky I did my up front medical 2 months before sending the application, this way, by the times I was done with the further tests, I had passed my medical right after SA, so my application was not put on hold.

PF

Star Member
Sep 1, 2010
Hamilton, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/09/2014
Med's Done....
26/07/2014
Passport Req..
17/11/2014
Great, thanks

mrs.Cam

Aug 17, 2014
Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-07-2014
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
19-09-2014
Med's Done....
30-06-2014
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
DM 30-04-15 VOH 07-05-15
LANDED..........
Avadava said:
The panel physician has no right in making any decision on your medical exam. They can only inform you if you have a serious condition where your life is at risk and need immediate treatment.
He/she sends your test results to CIC Health Branch, and they decide if you need further tests or not. Those are the rules according to the panel physician's manual.

The same thing happened to me so don't panic, is normal.

Go back to the panel physician and he/she will access your medical file in the CIC date base and will be able to see what further tests you need to do. Most likely it will be an X-ray (like in my case).
What happened to me was that the CIC doctors saw a spot on my lung and they suspected TB. They ordered me to have an X-ray done 3 months after my initial medical exam. This way, they can compare both of the X-rays and if they see the spot on the lungs hasn't changed shape or size, then there is either no TB or is inactive.

My panel physician saw the spot on my lungs and I explained it could be from an old pneumonia I had as a child. He agreed, but said he needs to send the results to CIC and they will decide what to do next. He even put a note saying: "patient informed of having pneumonia as a child". CIC doesn't care, when it comes to TB, they are extra cautious.

Even if you have active TB, all that means is that you have to have a 6 month treatment before coming to Canada. The bad side is that your PR application will be put on hold until you finish your treatment. But I'm sure this is not the case with you (like I said, I was sent back for a second X-ray and sputum tests because of an odd spot on my lungs and it turned out all negative), so don't worry, go take your X-ray and everything will take its normal course. Be happy they didn't ask for sputum tests like they did with me, cause that took 9 weeks to get the results. I was lucky I did my up front medical 2 months before sending the application, this way, by the times I was done with the further tests, I had passed my medical right after SA, so my application was not put on hold.
So if the panel physician didn't contact you after the medical exam and didn't require you for additional test, it does not guarantee that you passed the exam? You still have to wait for Cic feedback?

Avadava

Oct 11, 2013
Vancouver
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Vienna
App. Filed.......
December 3, 2013
AOR Received.
Stage 1 AOR + SA January 8, 2014
File Transfer...
January 12, 2014
Med's Request
Further Medical Tests Requested: October 24, 2013
Med's Done....
October 15, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
October 20, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
October 27, 2014
LANDED..........
January 17, 2015
mrs.Cam said:
So if the panel physician didn't contact you after the medical exam and didn't require you for additional test, it does not guarantee that you passed the exam? You still have to wait for Cic feedback?
Yes, that's true. The panel physician is just an intermediary. He just performs the tests and forwards them to the CIC Health Branch. The doctors at CIC will review your tests results and decide if you passed or not, according to their guidelines.

mrs.Cam

Aug 17, 2014
Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-07-2014
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
19-09-2014
Med's Done....
30-06-2014
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
DM 30-04-15 VOH 07-05-15
LANDED..........
Avadava said:
Yes, that's true. The panel physician is just an intermediary. He just performs the tests and forwards them to the CIC Health Branch. The doctors at CIC will review your tests results and decide if you passed or not, according to their guidelines.
The nurse said that there is no abnormalities found in my med exam and just required me to have mmr vaccine, i thought from there I can already say that I passed the medical exam.