+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Extensive Family Travel History (Europe) Confusion!

jojee2k6

Sep 6, 2016
Hello everyone,

Though, I read several threads about captioned subject, but it's not clear to me. What's the precised rule-of-thumb and successful guidelines are in particular to my scenario as stated below, in detail:

My country of origin is Pakistan, but together with my family following is the residence history:

• from 2011-2012: I was in KSA.
  • from 2012-2018: I was in Italy.
  • from 2018: I am in Canada

During our stay in Italy, we had an extensive travel history to other Schengen countries for tourism and conferences purposes, which are not even recorded/stamped on my passport, as didn't needed visa. In due course, we don't even remember exact dates of Short (max 3-4 days) Schengen travels and we had 2-3 old passports as well.

Following are my main concerns, which I would really appreciate, if you please help me:

• Do we need to attach stamped and bio pages of all previous passports as well?
  • Travel history should match with stamps dates on old passports?
  • What about Schengen travels which bear no stamps on old passports?
  • The chronological order in dates should be with NO GAP? or the in-between gap should be filled by duration of country of residence?
  • Trips from current county of residence to county of origin, should also be recorded? there are many in last 10 yrs.
  • My wife doesn't have her old passport before 2012 with her, so there's no record of travels, and she might come up with some vague dates, not 100% accurate. What should we do about her initial 4 yrs travel history out of 10 yrs?
  • System allows 30 entries I believe, so any additional would be provided through supportive documents. Right?
  • Do we need to scan and upload all passports (old and current) stamped and bio pages?
  • Our son was born in 2014 in Italy, do we need to provide his travel history as well? I suppose, we have to provide all family members travel history in separate right?
Seniors, @scylla , @jes_ON, @canuck_in_uk, and many others who had similar experience or insights, please assist me in detail, as I was checking I have total 8-9 total passports (old and current) of all of us. It's becoming devil's intestine to us. Looking forward for your kind assistance. Many Thanks in advance!

P.S. Sorry for long detailed post.

Last edited:

ContactFront

Champion Member
Feb 22, 2017
You are not required to upload old passports. You can choose to upload them in your LOE to support your travel history if you wish.
You country of residence is now Canada. So you need to include your stay in Italy in your travel history. There can be overlaps in travel history so you only need one entry for Italy.
Just be as thorough as you can in terms of the travels in Europe. You could mention in your LOE the fact that your passports were not stamped and you'd done your best to list your previous travels. If there was anything missing it was by no means intentional.

Reactions: jojee2k6

jojee2k6

Sep 6, 2016
You are not required to upload old passports. You can choose to upload them in your LOE to support your travel history if you wish.
You country of residence is now Canada. So you need to include your stay in Italy in your travel history. There can be overlaps in travel history so you only need one entry for Italy.
Just be as thorough as you can in terms of the travels in Europe. You could mention in your LOE the fact that your passports were not stamped and you'd done your best to list your previous travels. If there was anything missing it was by no means intentional.
Thank you for your valuable response. I will attach old passport's pages in LOE. Spouse's travel history is almost similar to mine. I took your guidelines, based upon my limited understanding I came up with a spreadsheet (though it's in oldest-to-newest order for now), I tried my best to be thorough and covered almost all the travels. I believe they require mm/yy, so for Schengen travels, as of no stamps, I can't remember days, instead I included accurate months. I also included trips among residence countries (KSA, ITALY) and Originating Country (PAK), as not sure, guess people from PAK and India seems to include thorough trips, as read on forums.
I would really appreciate, if you please have a look into this spreadsheet and suggest/amend some changes, if nedeed.
The spreadsheet is shared on Google Drive at this link: https://bit.ly/2F1CUGk
The screenshot of image is also as under:

@scylla, @jes_ON, @canuck_in_uk, please if you have time, have a look at it, and assist me in this.
Thanking you all in anticipation and looking forward for your kind assistance on shared spreadsheet.
Wishing you all a prosperous new year!!

Last edited:

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Saw your post the first time. I only respond when I think I know the answer. I don't know the answer.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
OK, Thanks for the response, may be you would be able to see the screenshot and comment if seems OK or not!
I don't know. I'm not familiar with this part of the application.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Thank you for your valuable response. I will attach old passport's pages in LOE. Spouse's travel history is almost similar to mine. I took your guidelines, based upon my limited understanding I came up with a spreadsheet (though it's in oldest-to-newest order for now), I tried my best to be thorough and covered almost all the travels. I believe they require mm/yy, so for Schengen travels, as of no stamps, I can't remember days, instead I included accurate months. I also included trips among residence countries (KSA, ITALY) and Originating Country (PAK), as not sure, guess people from PAK and India seems to include thorough trips, as read on forums.
I would really appreciate, if you please have a look into this spreadsheet and suggest/amend some changes, if nedeed.
The spreadsheet is shared on Google Drive at this link: https://bit.ly/2F1CUGk
The screenshot of image is also as under:

@scylla, @jes_ON, @canuck_in_uk, please if you have time, have a look at it, and assist me in this.
Thanking you all in anticipation and looking forward for your kind assistance on shared spreadsheet.
Wishing you all a prosperous new year!!
Spreadsheet looks fine. Leave out the old passport pages.

jojee2k6

Sep 6, 2016
Spreadsheet looks fine. Leave out the old passport pages.
Thanks a lottttttttt! really appreciate that. It's a big relief I spent whole night on that, so I won't be uploading the old passports pages in LOE..i suppose if there's ADR lately, will provide accordingly. In due course, when I will fill this online, if any issue, will get back to you! Once again many thanks and have a cheerful year ahead!

jojee2k6

Sep 6, 2016
@canuck_in_uk ! on a quick note, in 'address history' of my wife, she lived two different cities in Pakistan before and after marriage, do i need to have separate rows for both addresses or only one i.e. after marriage which became her permanent address. I will be providing pcc of her permanent address as well. Guessing cities in originating country doesn't matter, besides pcc covers whole country i.e. PAK. Right?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
@canuck_in_uk ! on a quick note, in 'address history' of my wife, she lived two different cities in Pakistan before and after marriage, do i need to have separate rows for both addresses or only one i.e. after marriage which became her permanent address. I will be providing pcc of her permanent address as well. Guessing cities in originating country doesn't matter, besides pcc covers whole country i.e. PAK. Right?
Not sure what you mean. She needs to list all her addresses going back as far as requested.

jojee2k6

Sep 6, 2016
Not sure what you mean. She needs to list all her addresses going back as far as requested.
@canuck_in_uk !
Perhaps I failed to describe well. Following in detail my wife's address history:
  • FROM her 18th birthday TO 06/2012: Address A, City A, Pakistan
  • FROM 06/2012 TO 12/2012: Adress B, City B, Pakistan
Now on ward after 12/2012, in originating country (Pakistan) the adress B in city B became her permanent address after marriage, as this is my home address in Pakistan, i.e. our originating country.

The question is should I add address A from city A in her address history? As the PCC she will get will cover her adress B only as we will get PCC from city B. and if i mention both addresses then do i have to provide Pcc from City A as well? Provided both cities are in PAkistan.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
@canuck_in_uk !
Perhaps I failed to describe well. Following in detail my wife's address history:
  • FROM her 18th birthday TO 06/2012: Address A, City A, Pakistan
  • FROM 06/2012 TO 12/2012: Adress B, City B, Pakistan
Now on ward after 12/2012, in originating country (Pakistan) the adress B in city B became her permanent address after marriage, as this is my home address in Pakistan, i.e. our originating country.

The question is should I add address A from city A in her address history? As the PCC she will get will cover her adress B only as we will get PCC from city B. and if i mention both addresses then do i have to provide Pcc from City A as well? Provided both cities are in PAkistan.
It has nothing to do with the PCC; you only provide one PCC for the country. You need to list her addresses for the past 10 years or until the age of 18, whichever is most recent, so I'm not sure why you would think you don't need list the first address.

jojee2k6

Sep 6, 2016
It has nothing to do with the PCC; you only provide one PCC for the country. You need to list her addresses for the past 10 years or until the age of 18, whichever is most recent, so I'm not sure why you would think you don't need list the first address.
I agree and understood at all. But rationale behind not including before marriage address is as i read on forum, ppl from pakistan provided multiple PCCs for each city in address history, which doesn't make sense. I too inclined about one PCC per country. Nonetheless i will mention her all addresses and one pcc from pakistan would suffice. Many thanks again! Cheers