+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Extensions on FBI report submission

summerxx

Jun 12, 2016
Hi guys I need some insights please.
My police certificate application was delivered to FBI on Oct 13th. After I requested an extension, cic extended my submission due date from December 12th to January 7th. I don't think the report could be ready by then.
I'm super worried that cic may not grant me a second or even third extension.(since the report may not be ready till late February)

What do you guys think on a second/third extension request? Does cic usually grant multiple extensions due to FBI delays?

noscaf2014

Nov 2, 2016
Generally, yes. There are many people here in the forum who were granted multiple extensions for the police certificate. Good luck!

shobsaxena

Nov 1, 2017
chicago, usa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
express entry
AOR Received.
10-03-2017
Med's Done....
11-15-2017
i applied for 2nd extension but they gave me only till jan 17th, i am hoping to get my FBI PCC by 23 jan so i don't if i will cut through. the letter also said that they will evaluate my app as is in lack of submission by due date and that could lead to refusing my application. i know that is a template language but if they really don't allow me a third extension which is just couple weeks in my case i will run out of luck if they cancel my app.

summerxx

Jun 12, 2016
i applied for 2nd extension but they gave me only till jan 17th, i am hoping to get my FBI PCC by 23 jan so i don't if i will cut through. the letter also said that they will evaluate my app as is in lack of submission by due date and that could lead to refusing my application. i know that is a template language but if they really don't allow me a third extension which is just couple weeks in my case i will run out of luck if they cancel my app.
ah, fingers crossed they will grant you a third extension!
It's not our fault that FBI report takes so long to get.