+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Extension

supreme

Star Member
Apr 15, 2011
hi, my dad is here for 2.5 months. But I’ll need him here for another 1.5 months. Can I apply for extended stay? He has 10 year entry visa. Thanks

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
When he entered Canada, did CBSA stamp an end date for his visit on his passport? If they didn't, then he's been allowed in for six months.

Reactions: supreme

supreme

Star Member
Apr 15, 2011
When he entered Canada, did CBSA stamp an end date for his visit on his passport? If they didn't, then he's been allowed in for six months.
I had no idea, will check it. So I’ll only need to change the flight ticket if there is no stamp?

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
Yes, if he was allowed in with no conditions attached, then the default period of stay is six months.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/visitors/visa-validity-expiry-dates.html

Typically, when officers are satisfied that the foreign nationals are admissible, entry is granted for a six-month period, unless they hold a Parent and Grandparent Extended Stay Temporary Resident Visa (PG-1 or letter of introduction from the visa office), in which case entry may be granted for a period of up to two years on each entry.

Reactions: supreme