+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Extension to stay in Canada after an accident

NCh_0608

Jan 10, 2020
If you are going back to work soon even on a gradual basis I fail to see why she can’t travel home. How many hours of physio or other treatment will she be receiving past February 2020? 30 minutes twice a week? Saying that your mother must stay for medical reasons raises quite a lot of red flags. Does she currently have her own health policy that you can show she has had for the past year.

Yeah. She has her own valid medical policy of $1lakh with zero deductible since she has been in Canada. She has no pre-existing illness either.

Both of us have around 45 min long physio sessions twice a week and 30 min long massage therapy sessions twice a week. I'll be on a gradual return plan for 8 weeks. So, probably by Mar, I should be able to work part-time. Returning to full-time work will take time. Problem is that the doctor told us to continue her treatment here if we can, considering her age and injuries. Ofcourse, we got into the accident with no fault of ours. So, my intent is to know how considerate IRCC is. We can definitely pay for her treatment in India. But I'm not sure how much of that would impact her ICBC Claim.

Hope this clarifies.

NCh_0608

Jan 10, 2020
I quoted what the website says.

It says "most recent tax year." Throughout 2020, 2019 is the most recent tax year. In 2021, 2020 is the most recent tax year. If you applied in January 2021, you'd need to wait for the NOA.

And still, if you apply for her supervisa after she's only been in India for 6-7 months, she will still have the challenge of having more ties to Canada than India.
Got it. Thanks again for your time.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Yeah. She has her own valid medical policy of $1lakh with zero deductible since she has been in Canada. She has no pre-existing illness either.

Both of us have around 45 min long physio sessions twice a week and 30 min long massage therapy sessions twice a week. I'll be on a gradual return plan for 8 weeks. So, probably by Mar, I should be able to work part-time. Returning to full-time work will take time. Problem is that the doctor told us to continue her treatment here if we can, considering her age and injuries. Ofcourse, we got into the accident with no fault of ours. So, my intent is to know how considerate IRCC is. We can definitely pay for her treatment in India. But I'm not sure how much of that would impact her ICBC Claim.

Hope this clarifies.
Is the doctor and clinic attached? Unfortunately there is a lot of fraud in services after accidents. Certain doctors get paid by a clinic to refer injured people to their clinic or the doctor own the clinic so they prescribe as much rehabilitation as possible. I don’t understand why you need a CT scan. Did you get an x-ray that showed misalignments? That would be the first step before a CT. Your argument is that your mother needs to extend for 2 physio sessions and 2 massages a week. Your accident would be around 3-4 months before when she is scheduled to leave. I personally don’t find it a valid reason to as for an extension 3-4 months after the accident. If you are asking for an extension because she is not well enough to fly you would need to include a lot of proof from the doctor which I don’t think he can actually provide unless she is bed bound most of the day. If you are asking for an extension you would have to ask to stay so that your mother can finish the rehab prescribed after an accident and go into a description of the accident and the therapy she has needed and what is left. Too disabled to fly leads to concerns about her health for all the next applications.

NCh_0608

Jan 10, 2020
Is the doctor and clinic attached? Unfortunately there is a lot of fraud in services after accidents. Certain doctors get paid by a clinic to refer injured people to their clinic or the doctor own the clinic so they prescribe as much rehabilitation as possible. I don’t understand why you need a CT scan. Did you get an x-ray that showed misalignments? That would be the first step before a CT. Your argument is that your mother needs to extend for 2 physio sessions and 2 massages a week. Your accident would be around 3-4 months before when she is scheduled to leave. I personally don’t find it a valid reason to as for an extension 3-4 months after the accident. If you are asking for an extension because she is not well enough to fly you would need to include a lot of proof from the doctor which I don’t think he can actually provide unless she is bed bound most of the day. If you are asking for an extension you would have to ask to stay so that your mother can finish the rehab prescribed after an accident and go into a description of the accident and the therapy she has needed and what is left. Too disabled to fly leads to concerns about her health for all the next applications.
@canuck78, I missed replying to you:

- The treating doctor and the physio center have no commonality.
- Xrays can only find bone or disc related problem. CT Scan is scheduled to find nerve n muscle issue, as my injury hasn't healed and pain hasn't reduced as was expected by this time.
- After a careful consideration of all mentioned points, we've decided not to apply for extension.

Thank you to everyone for sharing insights.