+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Extension of Work Permit- Online Application

DeOx

Mar 11, 2011
anne55 said:
Thanks xtalj! :D
My application was transmitted to them last night. Cross finger from now :)

Keep us posted

Anne55

Hi Anne55,

I have filled up all the info in the online application and uploaded all the required documents,it is ready for submission.But when I tried to view the upload document the files did not open and popped up error "File cannot be located".Please confirm if you could view the documents before submission.Once I get this info,I will submit the form.

Thanks and appreciate your help.

anne55

Feb 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo-->> New York
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-01-2010
Doc's Request.
12-03-2010
AOR Received.
13-10-2010
File Transfer...
26-10-2011
Med's Done....
26-04-2011>>advance
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
31-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
09-02-2012
LANDED..........
23-02-2012 :)
Hi DeOX,

You should be able to open your attached document before hitting to submit otherwise when they open it, they will receive the same error page that you are having right now.

Try to scan all your documents again and save it as .pdf file with less than 2MB size. Then upload it and see what will happen..

Good luck to us! ;)

Anne55

DeOx said:
anne55 said:
Thanks xtalj! :D
My application was transmitted to them last night. Cross finger from now :)

Keep us posted

Anne55

Hi Anne55,

I have filled up all the info in the online application and uploaded all the required documents,it is ready for submission.But when I tried to view the upload document the files did not open and popped up error "File cannot be located".Please confirm if you could view the documents before submission.Once I get this info,I will submit the form.

Thanks and appreciate your help.

DeOx

Mar 11, 2011
Anne55,

Thanks for the info,i tried your suggestion but still the following error comes up.Please recommend if it was similar with you or you could open the files.

"Internet Explorer cannot download downloadDocument from eserviceak.cic.gc.ca

Internet Explorer was not able to open this internet site.The requested site is either unavailable or cannot be found.Please try later"

Experts please help if any of you had similar problem

Jepoy0424

Feb 28, 2011
DeOx said:
Anne55,

Thanks for the info,i tried your suggestion but still the following error comes up.Please recommend if it was similar with you or you could open the files.

Internet Explorer was not able to open this internet site.The requested site is either unavailable or cannot be found.Please try later"

try using other browser (Moilla, safari,, chrome)

anne55

Feb 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo-->> New York
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-01-2010
Doc's Request.
12-03-2010
AOR Received.
13-10-2010
File Transfer...
26-10-2011
Med's Done....
26-04-2011>>advance
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
31-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
09-02-2012
LANDED..........
Hi DeOX,

I am using Firefox, but I had an error message when I was trying to upload more than 2MB files. Then after I re sized it, it went through...
and yeah sometimes due to high volume of applicants applying online, there is a traffic in their system. I remember it kicked me out several times saying the system is upgrading, "try again later..." try submitting like later in the night. I did mine at 1am... :D

Hope it helps :D

Anne55

DeOx said:
Anne55,

DeOx

Mar 11, 2011
Anne55,

Thanks for the info,I tried this but it is still not working.Anyways I have asked for help to call centre through mail in online application.Waiting for their reply.

I am confused on one more question in the form which asks if my immigration medical has been done.Is this the PR application medical check or the medical check performed at the time of my first work permit application.My PR application is in initial stages and have not done the immigration medical but medical checks were done for the first time I applied for work permit and i have a stamp from commision of canada in my passport for medical screening.Please help what should I do for this question?

anne55

Feb 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo-->> New York
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-01-2010
Doc's Request.
12-03-2010
AOR Received.
13-10-2010
File Transfer...
26-10-2011
Med's Done....
26-04-2011>>advance
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
31-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
09-02-2012
LANDED..........
Hi DeOX,

Sorry but there is no such question in my case like that. I applied for work permit extension with same employer under LCP.
Maybe you can contact the Call Center and ask this specific question for them.
Maybe others with the same experience like yours can share their knowledge too...

Good luck!

Anne55

DeOx said:
Anne55,

Thanks for the info,I tried this but it is still not working.Anyways I have asked for help to call centre through mail in online application.Waiting for their reply.

I am confused on one more question in the form which asks if my immigration medical has been done.Is this the PR application medical check or the medical check performed at the time of my first work permit application.My PR application is in initial stages and have not done the immigration medical but medical checks were done for the first time I applied for work permit and i have a stamp from commision of canada in my passport for medical screening.Please help what should I do for this question?

DeOx

Mar 11, 2011
Anne55,

My application is submitted on 14th Mar,no response yet from CIC.Did you got any reply from them...???

anne55

Feb 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo-->> New York
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-01-2010
Doc's Request.
12-03-2010
AOR Received.
13-10-2010
File Transfer...
26-10-2011
Med's Done....
26-04-2011>>advance
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
31-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
09-02-2012
LANDED..........
Hi DeOx,

Mine was transmitted March 9 and I received an email from them that it was successfully transmitted to their system.
Check you junk mail if you haven't got one in your inbox.

Good luck! ;)

Anne55

DeOx said:
Anne55,

My application is submitted on 14th Mar,no response yet from CIC.Did you got any reply from them...???

DeOx

Mar 11, 2011
I checked my e-mail,I too got the same response but woundering what and when will be the next step or application starts the active processing.....may medical soon...???
My work permit is expiring in Apr-11 and I am hoping that I will given implied status after that until my application gets finalized as I applied one-month in advance.

shangi

Apr 12, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everybody, i was reading all your replies. Too bad I didn't open this forum often, I should have read all your questions and perhaps gave my answers based on my experience since I was the one initializing this question.

Anyways, I did encounter the same problem with you all. I wasn't ask to submit my employment contract which caused the refusal of my application online. Good thing I still have enough time to re-apply otherwise I will be forced to apply for restoration which is so costly.

If you have just submitted your application online then always e-mail the cic about your documents. Tell them there is no space for your employment contract in the document section, you're only asked to submit copies of your passport. When they get to your email and replied, you'll be instructed to open your online application again and you will then see a space where you can upload your employment contract it's exactly labeled as "copy of employment contract". I too tried to put the copies of my passport pages and copy of my employment contract in one file but still it didn't work to them. Your passport pages should be in 1 file and your employment contract in another file. These two documents should be uploaded separately...

I paid 300 dollars for my wp extension and very true, it's basically a pain in the pocket!! So if you have just started taking the process then don't forget to email the cic.

maine17

Mar 21, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hello, Im new here. I think I'm having the same problems as you guys. I applied for extension of work permit under the same employer online, the application only asked me about a copy of my passport page on the document checklist, so I uploaded it the status is now provided, I also rcvd a message from CIC that my application has been transmitted, but everytime I clicked my passport page document I got the same error from the website over and over. Im worried now if it is ok, and sent successfully. Can I know the email address of who to inquire from just to check about my status, Im just afraid that they might not be able to view my documents and I had to reapply again and pay another fee. :mad:

anne55

Feb 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo-->> New York
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-01-2010
Doc's Request.
12-03-2010
AOR Received.
13-10-2010
File Transfer...
26-10-2011
Med's Done....
26-04-2011>>advance
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
31-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
09-02-2012
LANDED..........
Hi DeOx,

Once you signed in to "My CIC", you'll notice beside the document icon that there is a date. Mine is March 29, that is the day they will open your application, How I know this info?? I phoned the Call Center the day after my application was transmitted and that's what exactly they told me :D

So don't worry, in case they need additional documents from you, they will send you an email and yeah, you will be in implied status till you receive the result from them.

Just sit back and welcome the spring as it comes... ;)

Cheers :D

Anne55

DeOx said:
I checked my e-mail,I too got the same response but woundering what and when will be the next step or application starts the active processing.....may medical soon...???
My work permit is expiring in Apr-11 and I am hoping that I will given implied status after that until my application gets finalized as I applied one-month in advance.

DeOx

Mar 11, 2011
Anne55,

Thanks for the info,the date in My CIC is 3rd April.......hope everything will go well.

anne55

Feb 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo-->> New York
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-01-2010
Doc's Request.
12-03-2010
AOR Received.
13-10-2010
File Transfer...
26-10-2011
Med's Done....
26-04-2011>>advance
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
31-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
09-02-2012
LANDED..........
your welcome DeOx,

we'll keep each other posted about the result ok :D

Cheers!

Anne55

DeOx said:
Anne55,

Thanks for the info,the date in My CIC is 3rd April.......hope everything will go well.