Jan 7, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi evryone,
i am currently here in canada, i submitted my application for extension of stay to vergreville alberta yesterday. my tourist card expiration is on Feb 9. my question is, will my application be approved before my expiration date comes? i am anxious of being out-of-status here in Canada. This is my first time to enter Canada, and a staff of Kaplan, told me that first time comers here in Canada are priviledged to extend their stay here for 6 months, was that true? please help me... anyone can email me for some information here is my email add -- maricar_go_rn@yahoo.com thnx!

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

maricarsgo said:
Hi evryone,
i am currently here in canada, i submitted my application for extension of stay to vergreville alberta yesterday. my tourist card expiration is on Feb 9. my question is, will my application be approved before my expiration date comes? i am anxious of being out-of-status here in Canada. This is my first time to enter Canada, and a staff of Kaplan, told me that first time comers here in Canada are priviledged to extend their stay here for 6 months, was that true? please help me... anyone can email me for some information here is my email add -- maricar_go_rn@yahoo.com thnx!
1. Processing for extensions at Vegreville for visitors 88 days, so you have implied status until a decision is sent to you.
2. Don't know who Kaplan is, but every extension is decided on its merit.

PMM

maricarsgo

Jan 7, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
what should i do? shall i exit Canada and wait for their decision to extend my visa? what do you mean with "So you have implied status until a decision is made?"

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

maricarsgo said:
what should i do? shall i exit Canada and wait for their decision to extend my visa? what do you mean with "So you have implied status until a decision is made?"
Implied status means you can remain in Canada until you receive a decision from Vegreville. If you leave Canada your visitor status ends.

PMM

maricarsgo

Jan 7, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
And you mean, i can not leave Canada until the decision is made? what if i leave canada to go to buffalo within the period of january 13 till feb 1? will that counterfeit my extension of stay?
thnx so much for replying, you are great help and a relief to my worries!

maricarsgo

Jan 7, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
can i ask another thing? if the immigration disapproves my extension for stay and i have waited for 88 days (this means Feb 9 has passed), what does that leave me? am i considered, out of status here in canada>

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

maricarsgo said:
can i ask another thing? if the immigration disapproves my extension for stay and i have waited for 88 days (this means Feb 9 has passed), what does that leave me? am i considered, out of status here in canada>

[/quote

1. If you leave Canada your stay as a visitor ends, and when you appear at border to re-enter Canada, the officer will decide to admit or refuse you admission to Canada.
2. If the result from Vegreville is a refusal, you have to leave Canada.

PMM