+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

extension of temporary visitor visa been refused

timothy_fx

Feb 1, 2015
Hi , guys ,

Just got the letter that cic refuse her extension of visitor.

my parents have 10 years entry visa to canada with chinese passport, they came this Feb 2016, we submitted application for extension on July , my Dad got his visitor extension for 6 months, but we just get our mom's refuse letter today 14 sep 2016 which said :

An officer considers several factors , which include the applicant's

1 Finalcial means for the extended stay and return home;
After Considering all the circumstances of your case , i am not satisfied that you meet the requirements of the Act and Regulations

You must Leave On to before the expiry of your current document or, if your doc has already expired you must leave canada immediately

We Also wish to advise you that your temporary resident states expires on 2016-09-14

It is really a shock news for us , we have 2 kids include 1 new born, it will be a hard time to lose their help .i think there is no hope to stay here so we book a round trip flight on 25th sep . and back to 21 oct .

i am wonder , if the flight on 25th sep which is 11 days after the refuse letter , if it is alright ?
also if it will be fine for them re-enter to canada in these short days ? if the border will have any issues to my parents and if we need prepare any doc. for them ?

thanks for any suggestion.

Timothy. //

M

mikeymyke

If the flight is after the expiry date, your mom would be considered out of status, hence illegally staying in Canada. That combined with a very quick return flight back to Canada, would almost certainly cause your mom to be refused entry into Canada, because she overstayed previously, and now she's coming back to Canada so suddenly after leaving. This would seem to appear that your mom is not a genuine visitor and not intending to stay temporarily in Canada.

Also, it appears you're having your parents stay to help with the kids. Be aware that this is generally frowned upon, as it's considered "illegal work."

Best for your mom to leave Canada as soon as possible before her status is up, and have her come back in a few months time.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Agreed with the above. She should leave as soon as she can and remain outside of Canada for at least three months. Keep in mind that a visitor visa does not allow you to live in Canada - just visit temporarily.

Also, when she returns to Canada, she should ensure she has a return flight that includes her journey back home.