Extension of Temporary Resident ( Visitor) Visa

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
So I’ll just have to wait for the result? And apply for restoration if ever it came out past the given date? And should I be worried that my visa is expiring this June as well? I can’t go back home yet cause there’s a travel ban in our country.
Yes, you have to wait for the result. If refused, you can apply for Restoration but since it appears you have been living here as a visitor for quite some time, your chances of approval are less. The validity of your TRV has nothing to do with status in Canada.

lossada

Sep 5, 2017
Hi! I was wondering if you could help me on this question, I have applied my 2nd extension last December 2019 and I’m also done with my biometrics but no decision from them still. That 2nd extension is about to expire this June, same with my visa. What do I need to do? Do I need to apply for an extension again before my status expires? Or wait for it and then restore my status? Or do I need to leave because my visitor visa is expiring this June as well. Thank you very much!
you have to days 30 day prior the expiration,,, no matter is you have not received any, remember if you don't receive any you are under implied status

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
you have to days 30 day prior the expiration,,, no matter is you have not received any, remember if you don't receive any you are under implied status
This is incorrect. The 30 days is just a guideline - not a rule. As long as IRCC received the application before the current visa expires, the applicant has implied status.

UD Chigal

Aug 20, 2018
Hi

I have query, I applied for my mother’s visitor extension in March,2020 but I have pay biometrics fees at same time when I applied. I paid separately. And I havent received any result yet even the letter for biometrics. Is there any problem with that?

lossada

Sep 5, 2017
Hi

I have query, I applied for my mother’s visitor extension in March,2020 but I have pay biometrics fees at same time when I applied. I paid separately. And I havent received any result yet even the letter for biometrics. Is there any problem with that?
just wait,,, i received my father communication in 4 months,,, January 2020 with no corona virus outbreak

Mrs.KOR

Feb 22, 2014
Hi - where did you get the biometrics done? Service Canada is closed in Quebec. I applied for the extension of stay for my mother and received the letter to do the biometrics and waiting for the Service Canada locations to re-open,....