+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Extension of Student permit problem

azcuna

Star Member
Dec 3, 2018
If you will finish your studies earlier than you expected
Your permit will expire 90 days after the day you complete your studies, no matter what the expiry date on the permit is. The 90 days begin:

• on the date you get the first notification from your school (such as an email, letter, transcript, etc.) that you completed your program or
  • when you get your degree, diploma or certificate.
If you can’t prove the date you were first notified by your school, we will use the earliest issue date on the document. We may need to confirm this date with your school.

If you want to keep studying, you must apply to extend your study permit at least 30 days before your permit expires.

Hi Guys,
I would like to verify. ALL of my classmates started their student visa permit last January 2018 and will expire on April 2019.
However, since the school only has 8months of study, they ended their 1st program on August 2018, and started immediately 2nd program on September 2018-April 2019. I was wondering if it would be fine since it's stated in the article above that if they finish their 1st program earlier than expected, they should have applied already for the extension of study permit before they proceed with their 2nd program.

I hope anyone can help please.

Thank you