+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Extension of stay

CheerUp_0316

Jul 9, 2020
Good day! I hope someone can can help and give insight about my question. My mother came here last feb.10 as visitor and because of covid she cannot go back home yet. I applied for an extension last july1 but haven’t heard anything from IRCC yet. This month august is her sixth month of stay. So my question is, will there be a problem if she stay beyond the six month that shes allowed knowing that we already applied for an extension and is juat waiting for a response? And my mom was given visa until 2028 as well.. Thank you

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
Good day! I hope someone can can help and give insight about my question. My mother came here last feb.10 as visitor and because of covid she cannot go back home yet. I applied for an extension last july1 but haven’t heard anything from IRCC yet. This month august is her sixth month of stay. So my question is, will there be a problem if she stay beyond the six month that shes allowed knowing that we already applied for an extension and is juat waiting for a response? And my mom was given visa until 2028 as well.. Thank you
She’s on implied status . Length of the visa validity doesn’t come into play, it’s how long she was given to stay on said visa

CheerUp_0316

Jul 9, 2020
Thanks for the reaponse but will this situation cause her problem since she will be staying past sixth months without the extension being approved?

asaeed100

Dec 4, 2019
any news.
how long as it been since you applied?
was it her first on 2nd extension?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Its been four months since i submit the application and still no response, my mom already went back home
Have you contacted IRCC to advise them that she returned home? a webform would be fine. There is no point processing the application at this point and you may avoid needing to pay for something like another medical.

MSVM

Star Member
Sep 21, 2019
Thanks for the reaponse but will this situation cause her problem since she will be staying past sixth months without the extension being approved?
We are in the similar situation and timelines. Did you hear anything back from IRCC?

@trigger

Jun 24, 2019
No

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/visit-canada/extend-stay/after-apply.html
If you apply to extend your stay in Canada before the date you’re supposed to leave, you can legally remain in Canada until a decision is made on your application. In this situation, you have implied status.
Edit: I didn't scroll enough and read the entrie thread. This is already answered.