+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Extension of post graduate work permit procedure after passport renewal

Lore_NA

Mar 19, 2020
Hi Everyone,

My PGWP is valid only for certain months because of my passport expiry date. Now I got a new passport and I want to apply to extend my work permit. I read other threads regarding PGWP extension but I could not find a clear answer.

I don't know how to apply and if I can do it online or just by paper.

My PWP is expiring this month. I was waiting for my PR but looks like I wont have an answer before it expires and I don't want to loose my status.

Can someone help with this?

I appreciate your help.

Cheers,
Lorena Navarrete

Reactions: nasshiya

Riri15

Star Member
Jan 30, 2020
Hi Everyone,

My PGWP is valid only for certain months because of my passport expiry date. Now I got a new passport and I want to apply to extend my work permit. I read other threads regarding PGWP extension but I could not find a clear answer.

I don't know how to apply and if I can do it online or just by paper.

My PWP is expiring this month. I was waiting for my PR but looks like I wont have an answer before it expires and I don't want to loose my status.

Can someone help with this?

I appreciate your help.

Cheers,
Lorena Navarrete
If no response so far you have to apply by paper after passport renewal. Here is the guide https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5580-applying-work-permit-student-guide-paper.html. Took me a month to get the extension from the day the application was delivered.