+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Extension need advice

Bacrs

Star Member
Oct 19, 2018
Hello, my husband and I are currently waiting for AOR, we applied for PR in April. I'm here in Canada as a visitor, on an extended status that expires on September 29, this extension was a year extension, so I've been here in Canada for almost a year and a half. We're slowly looking to soon apply for an extension again, as we very much doubt we will get AOR before Sep 29.

I know asking for another year extension is probably not the best choice as I've been here for a while already, but giving the current times, could I still request a year extension? I'll gladly just go for six months but I'm wondering because I am afraid my application might be returned, and there are not even signs of April getting any AORs soon. Also when I requested a year extension last year, i was not asked for a medical, but I've heard that is not the case anymore if you request over 6 months?

Joeydocs

Sep 5, 2017
Pickering
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Hello, my husband and I are currently waiting for AOR, we applied for PR in April. I'm here in Canada as a visitor, on an extended status that expires on September 29, this extension was a year extension, so I've been here in Canada for almost a year and a half. We're slowly looking to soon apply for an extension again, as we very much doubt we will get AOR before Sep 29.

I know asking for another year extension is probably not the best choice as I've been here for a while already, but giving the current times, could I still request a year extension? I'll gladly just go for six months but I'm wondering because I am afraid my application might be returned, and there are not even signs of April getting any AORs soon. Also when I requested a year extension last year, i was not asked for a medical, but I've heard that is not the case anymore if you request over 6 months?
Just show your receipt that you paid the application and explain in a letter that you’ve been impacted from Covid and haven’t received AOR. They know very well what’s going on right now. You submitted the app and that’s all that matters and is more than a good enough reason to extend your stay while it’s being processed. It also shows good intent because you’re doing everything properly and legally. Good luck.