+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Extension help (how to fill this section)

Bacrs

Star Member
Oct 19, 2018
Hi, I'm trying to apply for my second extension and I'm confused about how to fill these particular parts:

Date and place of your original entry to Canada

Date and place of your most recent entry to Canada (if not same as original entry)

My info: I entered Canada as a visitor last year, 29-03-2019 my entry lasting till September 29, 6 months, got married in August and we applied for a year extension that month, said extension expires next month. So now I'm overthinking what I'm supposed to put in these sections :p

My understanding of this is just filling Date and place of your original entry to Canada which would be 29-03-2019. Is this correct? Or in the second one I have to put my visitor record date? from September 29 2019 to 2020? At the same time, I had come to Canada in 2018 to visit for a month then left, I don't know if this is instead what they mean with original entry? the first time you came to Canada? This is what I put in my first extension request. But I don't know if that was a mistake on my part

gchan

Star Member
Nov 22, 2018
Here is how we interpreted this:

That is the first time you ever entered Canada in your life (at the border)

Date and place of your most recent entry to Canada (if not same as original entry)
That is when you most recently entered Canada (at the border)

Status extensions and visitor records are not an entry to Canada. Your status is addressed elsewhere on the form. I believe this is actually asking about border crossing.

Reactions: Bacrs

Bacrs

Star Member
Oct 19, 2018
Here is how we interpreted this:

That is the first time you ever entered Canada in your life (at the border)

That is when you most recently entered Canada (at the border)

Status extensions and visitor records are not an entry to Canada. Your status is addressed elsewhere on the form. I believe this is actually asking about border crossing.
Thank you so much, that means my first visit in 2018.

And now checking this same section in my open work permit I made a mistake, I gave my last and current entry date (March 2019) as my original entry, and left last entry blank :confused: I guess that's how I interpreted it when I was filling the form.. do you know what happens in that case if I filled a form wrong? One more thing to stress about

gchan

Star Member
Nov 22, 2018
Thank you so much, that means my first visit in 2018.

And now checking this same section in my open work permit I made a mistake, I gave my last and current entry date (March 2019) as my original entry, and left last entry blank :confused: I guess that's how I interpreted it when I was filling the form.. do you know what happens in that case if I filled a form wrong? One more thing to stress about
I am sure a lot of people get confused at that. It tripped us up too. Maybe just send them a webform to clarify.