+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Extension for visit visa

Mh4y

Mar 5, 2024
I apply for extension for my mother in law. But the immigration send already the approval paper. They send a medical request and she did it already, but she has the problem in the xray, the Doctor said she has a TB. they didn't send the result of medical and its more than 30 days now. She can be refuse?

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
I apply for extension for my mother in law. But the immigration send already the approval paper. They send a medical request and she did it already, but she has the problem in the xray, the Doctor said she has a TB. they didn't send the result of medical and its more than 30 days now. She can be refuse?
Don't listen to doc, rely on communication from IRCC....Wait for medical furtherance...

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Impossible to say. Typically you need to go through treatment in your home country if it is discovered that you have TB before getting a permit or visa to enter Canada. How long she has been visiting Canada, ability to access treatment in her home country may be a factor and cost of treatment may play a role if you are asked to pay for care (typically falls under public health so not sure if government will cover cost or treatment or not). Has she returned home recently because she is very unlikely to have gotten TB in Canada. Your MIL remains as visitor and given the crisis in our healthcare system it’s unclear whether resources will be allocated to treat visitors. You’ll need to wait for correspondence from the government.

Reactions: Taran D