+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Extension Approved /medical request

YahyaAmeen

Oct 7, 2018
Hi there, I have a question regarding my parents extension of supervisa application.
First, they got super visa in 2015 for four years as their passport was getting expired on the date.

The visa was getting expired on june 25th ,2018 and they entered Canada May 30th , 2018.

2) I applied for the extension on their super visa on June 05,2018.

3) I recevied two emails on Oct 01,2018, one that they have sent the extension record in mail and also that they shud go for a medical in next 30 days.

4) Now the situation is my father had already left in August and my Mother is leaving this week.

5) So they granted extension for next three months which.we do not need anyways since my parents will be back before that.

6) My concern is I requested for the super visa extension ..by that I mean remaining six years out of 10 years supervisa initially would have granted if they had passport validity.

7) Has anyone ever heard or experience similar situation where they give remaining number of years on super visa upon request on extension. ?

8) And also do we still need to undergo medical exam even though they will ne gone long time before the expiry of the status.

Thanks in advance

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
You need to apply for a new supervisa but renew the passports first. Send a CSE saying that your parents left before you received extension permission and medical request.

Reactions: YahyaAmeen

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi there, I have a question regarding my parents extension of supervisa application.
First, they got super visa in 2015 for four years as their passport was getting expired on the date.

The visa was getting expired on june 25th ,2018 and they entered Canada May 30th , 2018.

2) I applied for the extension on their super visa on June 05,2018.

3) I recevied two emails on Oct 01,2018, one that they have sent the extension record in mail and also that they shud go for a medical in next 30 days.

4) Now the situation is my father had already left in August and my Mother is leaving this week.

5) So they granted extension for next three months which.we do not need anyways since my parents will be back before that.

6) My concern is I requested for the super visa extension ..by that I mean remaining six years out of 10 years supervisa initially would have granted if they had passport validity.

7) Has anyone ever heard or experience similar situation where they give remaining number of years on super visa upon request on extension. ?

8) And also do we still need to undergo medical exam even though they will ne gone long time before the expiry of the status.

Thanks in advance
Hi

You didn't apply for a super visa extension, as there is no such thing. You applied to extend their stay as visitors in Canada, which is a completely different application. What you will receive in the mail are Visitor Records.

There is no "remaining six years out of 10". That super visa is expired and done. They need to reapply for a new one.

As they are not staying in Canada beyond their initial stay, they don't need to undergo the medical exam.

YahyaAmeen

Oct 7, 2018
You need to apply for a new supervisa but renew the passports first. Send a CSE saying that your parents left before you received extension permission and medical request.
Thanks for taking time to reply.
whats CSE? sorry I dont know what it stands for.

YahyaAmeen

Oct 7, 2018
Hi

You didn't apply for a super visa extension, as there is no such thing. You applied to extend their stay as visitors in Canada, which is a completely different application. What you will receive in the mail are Visitor Records.

There is no "remaining six years out of 10". That super visa is expired and done. They need to reapply for a new one.

As they are not staying in Canada beyond their initial stay, they don't need to undergo the medical exam.
Thanks for the detailed answer. I always assumed that they can get their supervisa extended on the renewed passports since they couldnt get it for 10 years due to the expiry of passport in first place.
Thanks again .

Didzsam

Star Member
May 23, 2019
Hi All, Sorry to jump in the middle
My parents got super visa a few months back and they have not yet landed in Canada. Their Medical expires in next January and I have a doubt if they will need to do the medical tests again if they land after the medical expires. Your expert opinion is much appreciated. Thank You