Extending Visa Querys

glen

Apr 30, 2009
Hi

I'm filling out the form
"APPLICATION TO CHANGE CONDITONS, EXTEND MY STAY OR REMAIN IN CANADA"

Two questions.
1) Section B - My Family Members:
As I'm married to a Canadian Citizen and I'm visiting Canada and staying with my wife, am I to put her information in this section? I suspect not but unsure.

2) Section C - COMING INTO CANADA:
7-Original entry to Canada
As I've been a landed immigrant into Canada and arrived in Canada in the summer of 1975... but since I've given up my landed immigrant status and I am now in the process of reapplying for my landed immigrant status. So my question is should I put that(my first time visiting Canada) "original" date or what then is the "original" date other than section C8-Most recent entry to Canada.

In checking out the CIC website I'm unable to fine a number to speak to a "live" representative. If anyone has the number for the CIC call center please let me know.

Thank You
Regards
Glen

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

glen said:
Hi

I'm filling out the form
"APPLICATION TO CHANGE CONDITONS, EXTEND MY STAY OR REMAIN IN CANADA"

Two questions.
1) Section B - My Family Members:
As I'm married to a Canadian Citizen and I'm visiting Canada and staying with my wife, am I to put her information in this section? I suspect not but unsure.

2) Section C - COMING INTO CANADA:
7-Original entry to Canada
As I've been a landed immigrant into Canada and arrived in Canada in the summer of 1975... but since I've given up my landed immigrant status and I am now in the process of reapplying for my landed immigrant status. So my question is should I put that(my first time visiting Canada) "original" date or what then is the "original" date other than section C8-Most recent entry to Canada.

In checking out the CIC website I'm unable to fine a number to speak to a "live" representative. If anyone has the number for the CIC call center please let me know.

Thank You
Regards
Glen
1. Yes your wife is a family member and you ha e to show her on the previous questions as well. Are you in Canada? If not you are using the wrong form.
2. Have you formally renounced your PR status? That will be one of the criteria before a new application will be considered. Original date use your "landing" date, and if you are in Canada, then your latest entry.
3. 1 888 242‑2100 (in Canada only)

PMM

glen

Apr 30, 2009
Hi
Thanks for the quick response.

1. Yes I am in Canada.
2. Yes I have formally renounced my previous PR status. I tried calling that number but got the automated system. I'll try again.

Again, thank you very much.

glen

Apr 30, 2009
Can I apply to extend my Visa for a year? Or is the visa extension for 6 months at a time?

And it just occured to me that while I'm hear I might/should apply for a work permit? Should I do that or wait for my PR(spousal sponsorship) application to go through?