+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Extending study to acquire PGWP

Hieutr28

Sep 5, 2018
Hi guys,
About my case, I have studied 2 years in my college, in my first 2 semesters because I was new to the country and the my poor comprehension in class, I could not study all of the classes, I dropped 3 out of 7 classes which make me part-time. Before hand, I had discussed with my success advisor of my program and they told me that my status will still remain full-time as long as I study 4 classes minimum and I kept come back and ask them the same question every beginning of the semester and the answer is always the same. Then suddenly they told me that I was part time last semester.
Now I am planning to maybe register for another program which is also 2 years long.
Will I be able to acquire PGWP this way? And is 4 classes or 12 credits count as full-time? ( I am from Centennial college)
Thanks.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi guys,
About my case, I have studied 2 years in my college, in my first 2 semesters because I was new to the country and the my poor comprehension in class, I could not study all of the classes, I dropped 3 out of 7 classes which make me part-time. Before hand, I had discussed with my success advisor of my program and they told me that my status will still remain full-time as long as I study 4 classes minimum and I kept come back and ask them the same question every beginning of the semester and the answer is always the same. Then suddenly they told me that I was part time last semester.
Now I am planning to maybe register for another program which is also 2 years long.
Will I be able to acquire PGWP this way? And is 4 classes or 12 credits count as full-time? ( I am from Centennial college)
Thanks.
IRCC leaves the determination of full-time vs. part-time to individual schools, as it can vary so widely depending on the school and the program. If the school says you were part-time, then IRCC will go with that.

Hieutr28

Sep 5, 2018
IRCC leaves the determination of full-time vs. part-time to individual schools, as it can vary so widely depending on the school and the program. If the school says you were part-time, then IRCC will go with that.
That is wher it gets weird my advisor at school did not have the exact answer and the policy was just upload online last semester, when I came back to ask them then the a

jashan98

Nov 7, 2019
while filling imm0008enu_2d form .In current status i have entered worker.

Q1) For start date ,Should I fill the date i applied for Post Graduate Work Permit or the date i received it ?

Second thing if I enter the date on which I received my work permit .Would it cause any confusion for officer as I started working in applied status and And i am counting it towards my express entry experience .

Any help would be appreciated.

21singh

Jun 12, 2017
TORONTO
Category........
NOC Code......
VISA ISSUED...
14-04-2018
LANDED..........
27-06-2018
while filling imm0008enu_2d form .In current status i have entered worker.

Q1) For start date ,Should I fill the date i applied for Post Graduate Work Permit or the date i received it ?

Second thing if I enter the date on which I received my work permit .Would it cause any confusion for officer as I started working in applied status and And i am counting it towards my express entry experience .

Any help would be appreciated.
Hi,

I would suggest to call the Client Support Center(see details below) to get the exact answer to your question & post it as well once it is resolved, so that it would help other person with similar query/situation.

Telephone: 1-888-242-2100 (in Canada only)
Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.

Good Luck