+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Extending study permit from within Canada

pandehz

Star Member
May 11, 2014
As I have a 1 year validity in my Indian passport atm I heard I will only receive 1 yr visa for my 2yr film program.

So in this situation I will need to apply for a passport re-issue from within Canada and also extend the study visa from there itself.

I have been searching around for required documents etc and I found the checklist on the website but I am unable to find details
of the required financial documents for extending visa within Canada. For eg. will I need to show Canadian bank account? what if I have Indian
bank loan? etc

If anyone has gone through this process or has any information on the matter kindly share.

Any piece of information is appreciated.

J5M

Champion Member
May 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

pandehz said:
As I have a 1 year validity in my Indian passport atm I heard I will only receive 1 yr visa for my 2yr film program.

So in this situation I will need to apply for a passport re-issue from within Canada and also extend the study visa from there itself.

I have been searching around for required documents etc and I found the checklist on the website but I am unable to find details
of the required financial documents for extending visa within Canada. For eg. will I need to show Canadian bank account? what if I have Indian
bank loan? etc

If anyone has gone through this process or has any information on the matter kindly share.

Any piece of information is appreciated.

Attached same bank loan certificate you will put off with your SP application.

pandehz

Star Member
May 11, 2014
J5M said:
Hi,

Attached same bank loan certificate you will put off with your SP application.
I am in the process of getting bank loan. Another concern is what if the loan is not approved but my father is willing to sponsor.
Will the same sworn letter from my dad work 1 year later? or is there another set of documents?

(At the moment I will be showing my father's bank statements with roughly the entire amount for living and course fess and the receipt for the paid first semester fees.
Along with that we are trying for a bank loan too.)

J5M

Champion Member
May 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

pandehz said:
I am in the process of getting bank loan. Another concern is what if the loan is not approved but my father is willing to sponsor.
Will the same sworn letter from my dad work 1 year later? or is there another set of documents?

(At the moment I will be showing my father's bank statements with roughly the entire amount for living and course fess and the receipt for the paid first semester fees.
Along with that we are trying for a bank loan too.)

Anything accepted by your country CHC will work. Renewing SP inside Canada depend more on LOA issued by your school.

pandehz

Star Member
May 11, 2014
J5M said:
Hi,

Anything accepted by your country CHC will work. Renewing SP inside Canada depend more on LOA issued by your school.
Thx for the info.

Country CHC? Sorry not sure about all the terms.

I have emailed the high commission about the visa length for 1 yr passport validity. Will share any details I receive from them.