Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-10-2015
AOR Received.
07-15-2015
We submitted our spousal sponsorship package in early June. Currently our SA has been approved and we are in process for the rest.

My husband (US citizen) is here in Canada visiting with me right now, but his 6month stamp in his passport expires in 6weeks so we are preparing to submit an application to extend his visit.

In general I'd say this is a quite straight forward application, but because we have a PR in process, there are a few questions I have…
On form IMM5708
CONTACT INFORMATION
Question 2 *Residential address (where you live)
-Is this where my husband is currently staying (visiting) with my in Canada? Or should it be his USA address (as that is his permanent residential address).
Question 3 *Telephone number
-He never uses his US phone while here. Can we put MY phone number (Canadian)?
Under COMING INTO CANADA
Question 1 *Date and place of your original entry to Canada
-Is this the first time he ever visited Canada, or when he entered Canada this current trip?
DETAILS OF VISIT TO CANADA
Question *Funds available for my stay
-Is this the money he has in our joint account in the USA? Or that plus the money I have in my account in Canada?

If anyone has experience answering these questions, please help out. Or, if you have any tips for preparing this package, we would be very thankful to hear from you!

Hope everyone's sponsorship application is coming along nicely. We are at the 4 month mark. YAHOOOOO.

TracyCa64

Aug 28, 2014
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2, 2015
Doc's Request.
Form IMM5409 requested Feb 20, 2016
AOR Received.
Nov 25, 2015
File Transfer...
SA- Dec 10, 2015 ** DM- March 14, 2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Sept 9, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
COPR Rec'd March 18, 2016
LANDED..........
April 16, 2016
cillyx5 said:
We submitted our spousal sponsorship package in early June. Currently our SA has been approved and we are in process for the rest.

My husband (US citizen) is here in Canada visiting with me right now, but his 6month stamp in his passport expires in 6weeks so we are preparing to submit an application to extend his visit.

In general I'd say this is a quite straight forward application, but because we have a PR in process, there are a few questions I have…
On form IMM5708
CONTACT INFORMATION
Question 2 *Residential address (where you live)
-Is this where my husband is currently staying (visiting) with my in Canada? Or should it be his USA address (as that is his permanent residential address).
Question 3 *Telephone number
-He never uses his US phone while here. Can we put MY phone number (Canadian)?
Under COMING INTO CANADA
Question 1 *Date and place of your original entry to Canada
-Is this the first time he ever visited Canada, or when he entered Canada this current trip?
DETAILS OF VISIT TO CANADA
Question *Funds available for my stay
-Is this the money he has in our joint account in the USA? Or that plus the money I have in my account in Canada?

If anyone has experience answering these questions, please help out. Or, if you have any tips for preparing this package, we would be very thankful to hear from you!

Hope everyone's sponsorship application is coming along nicely. We are at the 4 month mark. YAHOOOOO.
You can put the Canada address & phone number of where he is staying.
The date for entry to Canada would be the date of his last entry to Canada, the most recent date.
For the funds it can be both yours & his. You can send copies of statements from both accounts.

Did you check to see if he is eligible to apply online? Here is the link http://www.cic.gc.ca/ctc-vac/getting-started.asp
It is so much easier and I think faster if he can do it online. For the first question it asks "What would you like to do in Canada?" It gives you choices. You want your husband to choose "Visit", because even though the main goal is to live here and have PR, that hasn't happened just yet. So, he is wanting to "visit".
You have him answer all the questions and then it will see if he is eligible to apply online.

You can scan all the "financial docs" in one file then you can upload that file to the "Proof of Means of Financial Support" section of the application.
Example: Bank statements, Letter verifying your employment, Letter from you stating you are financially responsible for him while he is visiting Canada, Copies of pay stubs.

In the "Letter of Explanation" upload section of the application you can scan your PR application receipt, copy of your SA document and also a letter stating the reason he is applying for extension. Which would be that he wishes to stay in Canada while his PR application is being processed.

I hope this helps, let me know if you have any other questions cillyx5. I have done this once and will be doing it again in December. :D

cillyx5

Star Member
Oct 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-10-2015
AOR Received.
07-15-2015
Thanks TracyCA. I appreciate you taking the time to reply.

YES, we are doing the online application.

TracyCa64

Aug 28, 2014
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2, 2015
Doc's Request.
Form IMM5409 requested Feb 20, 2016
AOR Received.
Nov 25, 2015
File Transfer...
SA- Dec 10, 2015 ** DM- March 14, 2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Sept 9, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
COPR Rec'd March 18, 2016
LANDED..........
April 16, 2016
cillyx5 said:
Thanks TracyCA. I appreciate you taking the time to reply.

YES, we are doing the online application.
Anytime cillyx5, I try to help when I know the answer. I have learned so much on here from others. This forum is amazing with such a great group of members.
Good Luck with everything!!
Smiles