+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Extending stay as a visitor after Work Holiday Visa while waiting for PR Outland

V_

Star Member
Feb 26, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico (Chile)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 4th 2016
Doc's Request.
August 30th 2016: Police Cert from Canada
Nomination.....
SA June 23rd 2016. CSQ: app. received June 30th 2016, CSQ received August 22nd 2016
AOR Received.
AOR1 none, AOR2: August 17th 2016
File Transfer...
On Ecas: July 15th 2016
Med's Done....
Upfront: Feb 19 th 2016
Hi all!

I would just need your precious advice as the right way to go after my partner's Work Holiday Visa ends while we wait for his PR Outland (received by CIC on May 4th).

About 30 days before the visa expires, we go to http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/extend/visa.asp to extend his
stay and change his status from temporary worker to visitor and pay the fee. Is that correct? Does having a PR application on the way interfeers with extending the say but as a visitor?

The other question I have about this is that this step seems like asking for a visitor visa while my partner is from an visa-exempt
country. Would flagpoling be a good idea as well as he could simply re-enter canada as a visitor?

Thanks a lot!

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
V_ said:
Is that correct? Does having a PR application on the way interfeers with extending the say but as a visitor?

The other question I have about this is that this step seems like asking for a visitor visa while my partner is from an visa-exempt
country.

Would flagpoling be a good idea as well as he could simply re-enter canada as a visitor?
Hi

Yes, that is the correct link. Having a PR app in process does not interfere with the extension.

It is not asking for a visitor visa. That is an entirely different application.

Flagpoling is riskier; CBSA doesn't like people who try to live in Canada as visitors and could easily refuse him entry. Just apply to extend his stay.

V_

Star Member
Feb 26, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico (Chile)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 4th 2016
Doc's Request.
August 30th 2016: Police Cert from Canada
Nomination.....
SA June 23rd 2016. CSQ: app. received June 30th 2016, CSQ received August 22nd 2016
AOR Received.
AOR1 none, AOR2: August 17th 2016
File Transfer...
On Ecas: July 15th 2016
Med's Done....
Upfront: Feb 19 th 2016
canuck_in_uk said:
Hi

Yes, that is the correct link. Having a PR app in process does not interfere with the extension.

It is not asking for a visitor visa. That is an entirely different application.

Flagpoling is riskier; CBSA doesn't like people who try to live in Canada as visitors and could easily refuse him entry. Just apply to extend his stay.
Thank you so much!