+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Extending status and AOR

JamesBarnes

Star Member
Oct 15, 2018
Hi guys!

We received AOR today on our inland + owp app! I also have a visitor visa extension in progress as my status expired on 17th September (UK citizen so had 6 months visa exempt)

Now we’re received AOR do I withdraw my extension application? I know that it’s important to remain in status for the OWP and that the OWP app itself gives me implied status. I was under the impression that once AOR has been received the chances of the paperwork being sent back become slim.

Many Thanka

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi guys!

We received AOR today on our inland + owp app! I also have a visitor visa extension in progress as my status expired on 17th September (UK citizen so had 6 months visa exempt)

Now we’re received AOR do I withdraw my extension application? I know that it’s important to remain in status for the OWP and that the OWP app itself gives me implied status. I was under the impression that once AOR has been received the chances of the paperwork being sent back become slim.

Many Thanka
Chances are slim but still possible. Your choice.

Jnicole45

Jul 28, 2019
Vancouver, BC
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
16-05-2019
AOR Received.
24-07-2019
As far as I understand it, it's possible your OWP could still be returned as they're two separate applications. Unlikely, especially if you paid all the correct fees (the most common reason I've seen for them getting returned), but it can't hurt to let the extension continue processing. But it could be totally fine and your OWP could come through no problem. So it's your choice

SofiaMartins

Star Member
Jun 25, 2019
As far as I understand it, it's possible your OWP could still be returned as they're two separate applications. Unlikely, especially if you paid all the correct fees (the most common reason I've seen for them getting returned), but it can't hurt to let the extension continue processing. But it could be totally fine and your OWP could come through no problem. So it's your choice
I would do the extension and then if the OWP approval comes soon after, maybe try and get a refund for the extension? It would be cancelled out anyways.