Feb 5, 2015
BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello All,

Do anyone know how we can extend PGWP, I applied under CEC but got to know that it is going to come back and my work permit is going to expire in June.

Please help

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

music44 said:
Hello All,

Do anyone know how we can extend PGWP, I applied under CEC but got to know that it is going to come back and my work permit is going to expire in June.

Please help
1. No, PGWP is once in a lifetime.

nettoyant

Star Member
Jul 17, 2013
music44 said:
Hello All,

Please help
If you applied under the old system (before Jan 1st, 2015) and you've received your AOR, then you can request a bridging work permit 4 months before your current work permit expires (be it PGWP or not).

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
music44 said:
Hello All,

Please help
If you meant that your CEC application is being returned to you for some reason, you probably have to reapply under EE. The rules before 1st January no longer apply.

music44

Star Member
Feb 5, 2015
BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nettoyant said:
If you applied under the old system (before Jan 1st, 2015) and you've received your AOR, then you can request a bridging work permit 4 months before your current work permit expires (be it PGWP or not).
I applied under CEC but got to know that applications are not going to process as it was after 20th Oct. I was wondering if i can apply for bridging work permit without AOR.

music44

Star Member
Feb 5, 2015
BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
zardoz said:
If you meant that your CEC application is being returned to you for some reason, you probably have to reapply under EE. The rules before 1st January no longer apply.
I have not received any answer yet(Hoping for best) But Willing to know alternative of getting work permit extended.

nettoyant

Star Member
Jul 17, 2013
music44 said:
I applied under CEC but got to know that applications are not going to process as it was after 20th Oct. I was wondering if i can apply for bridging work permit without AOR.
I'm not sure what you mean by the Oct 20 part. It makes no sense to me.

You cannot apply for bridging work permit without AOR. The bridging work permit was a way for people whose applications were under consideration to continue working in Canada while they were waiting for a decision on their PR application.

If you don't have a PR application being processed you can't apply for it.

You said you're under PGWP. That work permit is an once in a lifetime permit. You cannot apply for an extension, but your employer can apply for a LMIA in order to get you a new "closed" work permit.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Bimm92 said:
I'm presently on pg work permit which expires on mid March. My employer is willing to apply for limo for closed work permit. Can I keep working till I get my new work permit and what will be my status till then ?
As long as the application for your new work permit is submitted before your PGWP expires, you can keep working for your current employer under implied status.

Note that it typically takes a number of months for an LMIA to be approved. You'll have to file your new work permit application before you have an approved LMIA. If your LMIA isn't approved in time and your work permit is refused - you'll have to stop working immediately.