+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Extending open work permit visa

Mar 18, 2019
Hi, I am on an open work permit, my visa expires in Aug-2019. I have a successful business running as of now. I have registered my business (Sole proprietorship - Ontario) with this employment or ownership can I extend my work permit? / Can I apply for visa extension?

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Hi, I am on an open work permit, my visa expires in Aug-2019. I have a successful business running as of now. I have registered my business (Sole proprietorship - Ontario) with this employment or ownership can I extend my work permit? / Can I apply for visa extension?
No. Being a business owner doesn't entitle you to a work permit.

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
When you say you’ve registered your business as a sole prop in Ontario, registered as in getting a Master Business Liscense with the Province or registering as a sole prop in getting a GST/HST number from the CRA-Federally ?
A Master Business Liscense in Ontario just means you have a Liscense to operate a business in the Province
Sole Proprietorship is a legal entity , versus incorporating is a legal entity, partnership is a legal entity and so on

Mar 18, 2019
When you say you’ve registered your business as a sole prop in Ontario, registered as in getting a Master Business Liscense with the Province or registering as a sole prop in getting a GST/HST number from the CRA-Federally ?
A Master Business Liscense in Ontario just means you have a Liscense to operate a business in the Province
Sole Proprietorship is a legal entity , versus incorporating is a legal entity, partnership is a legal entity and so on
Its just the Master Business License, I have not applied for HST / GST. Will this help to extend the visa?

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Its just the Master Business License, I have not applied for HST / GST. Will this help to extend the visa?
No, but it might affect the legality of the company.