+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Extending my wife's visitor visa. Confused by the questionnaire. Please help

frightenedpanda

Sep 12, 2017
I am a PR holder and my wife is on a visit visa to Canada and we got married last year. Her Spousal PR and OWP is being processed but since her visit status is expiring soon, I want to apply for her Visit visa extension just to be on the safe side.

I was going through the questionnaire and not exactly sure of I am answering it right.

"Do you have a family member who is a Canadian citizen or permanent resident and is 18 years or older?" - YES

How are you related to your family member? - Legally married spouse

What is your current immigration status in Canada? - Visitor

What is your marital status? - Married

Are you accompanying a family member who has status in Canada? - No

The last question is confusing. I have already answered that my wife is here as a visitor and married to me. But I am not sure by what they mean if she is accompanying a family member. The description on the website says "accompanying" means someone who wants to come to Canada at the same time as her. But there is a difference of documents in the checklist based on the answer.

Should I be selecting NO?

Also, the checklist only asks for her Passport, Proof of Financial Support and Digital Photo. Did you provide any extra documents?

Please advise. Thanks!

Vendi

Star Member
Apr 26, 2018
I am a PR holder and my wife is on a visit visa to Canada and we got married last year. Her Spousal PR and OWP is being processed but since her visit status is expiring soon, I want to apply for her Visit visa extension just to be on the safe side.

I was going through the questionnaire and not exactly sure of I am answering it right.

"Do you have a family member who is a Canadian citizen or permanent resident and is 18 years or older?" - YES

The last question is confusing. I have already answered that my wife is here as a visitor and married to me. But I am not sure by what they mean if she is accompanying a family member. The description on the website says "accompanying" means someone who wants to come to Canada at the same time as her. But there is a difference of documents in the checklist based on the answer.

Also, the checklist only asks for her Passport, Proof of Financial Support and Digital Photo. Did you provide any extra documents?

Please advise. Thanks!

Which form is this spousal PR or visa extension. Coz the visa extension form doesn't have those questions

maba

Star Member
May 21, 2014

Please advise. Thanks!
I think it should be YES as you are accompanying your spouse who has PR status.