+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Extending my stay, do i need another med exam?

dmlopez62

Dec 8, 2009
I am from the U.S. and I'm here on a 2yr TWP valid until Sep 2010, my husband is from Mexico and he has an open work permit valid until the same date as mine. I want to apply to extend my stay. Does my husband need to get a 2nd medical exam to be able to extend his open work permit? He arrived before the new law came into effect on the new visa requirement for Mexico, so now he will have to apply for a visa if we want to go on Vacation, which is not a problem. But just want to know about the medical exam. I did apply for PR last March 2008, still waiting for initial assesment. I know that just by getting another extended work permit doesn't guarantee our re-entry but i have to try. My daughter is turning 15 this month and we are going to have her quincenera in mexico (debutant ball) next summer, i have to go to mexico on vacation next summer and want to get all my ducks in a row before i go.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

dmlopez62 said:
I am from the U.S. and I'm here on a 2yr TWP valid until Sep 2010, my husband is from Mexico and he has an open work permit valid until the same date as mine. I want to apply to extend my stay. Does my husband need to get a 2nd medical exam to be able to extend his open work permit? He arrived before the new law came into effect on the new visa requirement for Mexico, so now he will have to apply for a visa if we want to go on Vacation, which is not a problem. But just want to know about the medical exam. I did apply for PR last March 2008, still waiting for initial assesment. I know that just by getting another extended work permit doesn't guarantee our re-entry but i have to try. My daughter is turning 15 this month and we are going to have her quincenera in mexico (debutant ball) next summer, i have to go to mexico on vacation next summer and want to get all my ducks in a row before i go.
No he won't require another medical to extend his work permit. But if your Immigrant application is accepted, all of you will require new medicals.

PMM

dmlopez62

Dec 8, 2009
Thank you, I am expecting to do the medicals for the PR application probably before we leave, but I didn't know whether to have it done before I sent in our apps for extending our stay. Which I'd rather wait until Buffalo acutally requests them just in case they transfer my case and then I would need to have the medicals sent to the new visa office instead. I don't want any more mix ups. We've waited long enough.