+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Extending my PGWP after new passport... Please help :(

sabir777

Oct 18, 2018
Hi, my old PGWP was given to me for 1.5 years because that was when my passport was expiring. I just recently got a new passport and wanted to extend my PGWP to receive the remaining 1.5 years, but I am very lost... I spoke to CIC on the phone and they gave me a link to some forms:

- imm5556e
- imm5710e

After looking at the forms, I'm still a little lost as I was told that I need to do something online, and then also send something physically by mail... Has anyone had success in renewing their PGWP in the past and can help me, or does anyone have a good guide I can follow? The CICs website doesn't really have a clear guide on extension due to passport renewal.

I'm pretty lost and only have about 5 months left before my permit expires so I'm trying to get this done as soon as possible :( any help would be appreciated. Thank you so much!

badar14

Champion Member
May 5, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
02-05-2010
LANDED..........
06-Aug-2013
Hi, my old PGWP was given to me for 1.5 years because that was when my passport was expiring. I just recently got a new passport and wanted to extend my PGWP to receive the remaining 1.5 years, but I am very lost... I spoke to CIC on the phone and they gave me a link to some forms:

- imm5556e
- imm5710e

After looking at the forms, I'm still a little lost as I was told that I need to do something online, and then also send something physically by mail... Has anyone had success in renewing their PGWP in the past and can help me, or does anyone have a good guide I can follow? The CICs website doesn't really have a clear guide on extension due to passport renewal.

I'm pretty lost and only have about 5 months left before my permit expires so I'm trying to get this done as soon as possible :( any help would be appreciated. Thank you so much!
you can apply by mail or online option is open to you. No need to worry about time as you can apply upto 30 days prior to expiry of PGWP once received by them your status will remain legal even after expiry of your PGWP
Good Luck

sabir777

Oct 18, 2018
you can apply by mail or online option is open to you. No need to worry about time as you can apply upto 30 days prior to expiry of PGWP once received by them your status will remain legal even after expiry of your PGWP
Good Luck
Oh that's reassuring, thank you! What is it exactly that I need to submit? The two forms I mentioned, as well as paying the fee?

badar14

Champion Member
May 5, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
02-05-2010
LANDED..........