+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Extending my mom's visitor visa

karanbir498

May 5, 2019
Hello,

My mother came here for visiting me on Dec 2019, and was planning to go back May 28. But due to whole Covid-19, I would like her to stay here as long as possible until the situation is stable enough. I am on PGWP here, and she has Multiple Visa until 2028.

Afaik, the maximum Visitor Record extension I can get is 6 months. So would it be better if I apply for visitor record around end of April (since CIC recommends applying at least 30 days prior), or should I apply asap (since the processing times are a lot).

Also, if her stay here expires while we have applied for extension, does she get implied status as well?

Eveslm

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2018
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Hello,

My mother came here for visiting me on Dec 2019, and was planning to go back May 28. But due to whole Covid-19, I would like her to stay here as long as possible until the situation is stable enough. I am on PGWP here, and she has Multiple Visa until 2028.

Afaik, the maximum Visitor Record extension I can get is 6 months. So would it be better if I apply for visitor record around end of April (since CIC recommends applying at least 30 days prior), or should I apply asap (since the processing times are a lot).

Also, if her stay here expires while we have applied for extension, does she get implied status as well?
She can wait and apply in May a couple of days before it expires. You are advised to apply 30 before but it is not mandatory.

Reactions: karanbir498

Mesad

Feb 8, 2015
Hello guys

Does anyone know if the digital photo requirement has been dropped. I am trying to have the picture taken but every single photo business in my city has been shut down due to covid-19.

iamhayer

Star Member
Dec 4, 2014
Hello guys

Does anyone know if the digital photo requirement has been dropped. I am trying to have the picture taken but every single photo business in my city has been shut down due to covid-19.
I applied recently and they asked for photo. Just take a photo with your mobile and upload it for now. You can not submit the file without uploading a picture. Once situation improves, you can go to Professional for photo and send to cic via webform. For fingerprint biometric you have 90 days instead of 30 (You still have to pay for it when applying extension unless these were done in last 10 years) and choose NO for upfront medical option.

iamhayer

Star Member
Dec 4, 2014
Hello,

You can apply in May. Just make sure you have all the documents required. Keep in mind, CIC 6 months means 180 Days.

Reactions: karanbir498

inq_54

Star Member
Sep 4, 2015
Category........
CEC
Hello,

Hello,

Did you receive a decision from CIC? Did they ask for medicals/bio metrics?